If God And His Thoughts Are Perfect - How Did Humans & Satan Become Evil?

by Latin assassin from Manhattan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

According to the WTBS all animals before the flood were vegetarians.

Since God stopped designing and creating new animals after the flood, how are we to explain the amazingly rapid development of pack hunting instincts in wolves?

The mechanisms were already in place in a latent form, and survival conditions brought them into play. God put that potential to rip Bambi to shreds into them in Eden... just in case a two legged naked biped scoffed a chunch of fruit? I thought God chose not to ascertain what Adam might do?

I have said elsewhere that any designer whose product could go so disatrously wrong would be in court, not the people who died in his crashed airplane..

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

1 Corinthians 1 19 For it is written:
    "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." [1]
    20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

This is the reason why nobody can seem to answer the question. You try and try and try to come up with a solution through your worldly wisdom and of course you won't find one and so you claim " after all, we didn't bring evil to the world - he did!!!" I think that maybe you should stop examining this subject through the lens of the wisdom of man and start using the lens of the wisdom of God. It seems somehow, that you have exalted your own [false] logic above the thoughts and ways of God.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Sorry, bdj4jc,

Paul, the eminent Greek philosophy student was just being "clever" to shame his largely ignorant opponents into frightened silence when he wrote that.

I would love to see how smashing thousands of babies' heads against the door posts of Jericho was wisdom. Maybe they will come back one day and say how "not having a Canaanite Mommy or Daddy was a blessing, as they might have sacrificed me to "BAAL!" (Satan)

Maybe killing everybody on the planet except you and those who think the same is wisdom... You'd probably be dead in a few days 'cause you can't even skin a rabbit. Maybe an angel will come and skin Bambi for you. Of course if you are in heaven then none of this will matter...

I have heard replies like yours before. If they were as true as you are trying to terrorise us into believing they should stand up to the scrutiny of logic. Not your "Believe not and you are damned" (as far as you believe) philosophy. WTBS used this sort of reasoning on me for half of my one and only life. It don't work no more...

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

funkeyderek wrote:

For those who disagree, a question? Would it have been possible for God to create humans who had free will, but still obeyed him?

If God is omnipotent, of course He could have. He could also have created imperfect people with free will and kept all temptation away from them so they would never have the chance to do anything wrong. He also could have forewarned them about Satan, or He could have destroyed Satan, or refrained from creating Satan in the first place, or put the Tree of Knowledge somewhere other than RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the Garden of Eden. The fact that He didn't do any of these things supports the theory that the Bible is nothing but fiction. A true accounting of a real Creator of mankind wouldn't be so nonsensical.

I think the whole free will argument is incredibly contradictory when used by people who believe Satan is controlling most of the Earth's population. If Satan can sway so many people away from the 'true' path, how free is their will anyway? If you can be demonized without even knowing it, how can you also have free will?

Silverleaf

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

Paul, the eminent Greek philosophy student was just being "clever" to shame his largely ignorant opponents into frightened silence when he wrote that. That is why Paul, the "eminent" Greek philosopy student started off his letter with Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. You know there is oh so much fear and shame in grace and peace. Nowhere in the letter does he indicated that he is trying to frighten them into silence. If Paul was trying to be the intimidating philosopher that you claim then he did an oh so good job of communicating that by saying in 1:20 "Where is the philosopher of this age?"... "Has God not made foolish the wisdom of this world?" I am sure that you have a refutation for everything that does not fit into your lifestyle and appease the god you have created in your mind (that also approves of your lifestyle). I suggest you reread the letter to the Corinthians after you have read and understood the basic principles of hermaneutics.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

You are putting a biased assumption on what you think being perfect and in God's image means. Just being created perfect and in God's image doesn't mean one has no conception of evil, malice, selfishness, etc. Jesus was perfect but was 'tempted' the bible tells us, so he obviously felt something akin to what we feel as a pull to do wrong on occasions, but being perfect he always mastered it. He 'conquered the world'. He also said 'let not my will, but yours take place', so being perfect doesn't mean he could not have a will and desire at odds with God's.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The animals have been doing all kinds of shit for millions of yrs (remember the dinosaurs). They tortured, starved, played to death, ate while still alive and standing, etc other animals. Some species will have sex w anything, some trade sex for food, some do homosex. Yet, supposedly, they never sinned. God watched this continuous suffering of millions of beings, and the bible says he pronounced it 'good'. Then, god trips up a couple of children that he just created, for eating the wrong food. Where is the sense in that?

SS

• gumby
    gumby

If God is pure and righteous in every possible way, then why are his creations capable of evil? If God and/or Jesus created everything in their own image (that of perfection), than where did these creations (like Satan) obtain the capacity for malice?

Good gawd man, have you no reasoning?!!!!!!! Can't you see the picture here for gods sake?!!!!!!!!

Yes.....we were created in gods image.....to love. Do you mean to tell me that if YOU were GOD, and you were going to make humans to populate the earth and worship you...........that as plan B you wouldn't make it where the entire human race would get sick ,and die, and suffer, ......and ......and ......and that you wouldn't then plan on having your only son come down here and hang on a cross and die a horrible death? Are you nuts? What kinda guy are you........anyways?

Gumby

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

1 Corinthians 1 19 For it is written:
    "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." [1]
    20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

That's the kind of nonsense people spout when they don't have a good counter-argument. "Ah", they say, "that seems logical but my god has a higher standard of logic than mere humans." Of course they never explain why our human logic is false, or the nature of their god's superior wisdom. What have they got? "My god says he's clever than you, and despite the evidence, I believe him". Truly pathetic.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey funkyman,

Nice thoughts,

Nice to NEW pic also.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit