Mark Sanderson wears an Apple Watch at regional convention

by Edison Trent 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Saename
    Saename

sparky1, you raised important points as well...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sparky - your opinion is not petty and I don't mean to imply such. All I am saying is that it's my opinion that it's a small cog in the big engine of hypocrisy and I suspect that the casual visitor or observer would see it as such. If others disagree then fine, at least we're both moaning about the WTS somewhere along the line.

Just a side point... Jesus supposedly had a seamless under garment. A pretty luxurious item it would seem and not strictly necessary for his ministry.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What do you mean "three nutritious meals"!! Have you seen the GB??

DD

• sir82
    sir82

Seems that Brother Sanderson forgot this principle from the September 1 2004 Watchtower:

There is a final important principle that Paul brings to our attention in his counsel to the Christians in Rome. At times, a Christian with a well-trained conscience might decide not to make a choice that is open to him. Why? Because he realizes that his pursuing a certain course might harm others. In that case, what should we do? Paul says: β€œIt is well not to eat flesh or to drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles.” (Romans 14:14, 20, 21) Thus, β€œwe . . . who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those not strong, and not to be pleasing ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor in what is good for his upbuilding.” (Romans 15:1, 2) When the conscience of a fellow Christian could be offended by what we do, brotherly love will move us to be considerate and restrict our choices. An example of this might be the use of alcoholic beverages. A Christian is permitted to drink wine in moderation. But if doing so might stumble his companion, he will not insist on his rights.

16 This principle could also be applied to our dealings outside the Christian congregation. For example, we may live in an area where the prevailing religion leads its adherents to view one day of the week as a day of rest. For that reason, so as not to stumble our neighbors and create obstacles for the preaching work, we will avoid as far as possible doing anything on that day that will offend our neighbors. In another situation, a wealthy Christian may move to serve where the need is greater among people who are of little means. He might choose to show consideration for his new neighbors by dressing very simply or by otherwise living more modestly than his finances permit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There's nothing wrong with having a nice watch. There is something wrong with having those things at the expense of others.

Without getting into a huge debate, we have a real problem on this planet. People are starving, sometimes it's the children who are making your apple watch. It just seems that far from being part of the solution, "Christ's Brothers" are part of the problem.

You wouldn't expect that from the most spiritually mature, insightful collective in all of human history. ( Sarcasm.....😏 ) While not a huge offense, the $700.00 watch is a symptom of a much greater cancer.

DD

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Yes Mark Sanderson is wearing an apple watch and is eating ten apple turnovers every morning. That's why he's got such a nice smile and belly !

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder how more shocked that would be when they found out he flew business class and if he didn't stay in the bethel may of been put up in 5 star hotel. Then probably suckered some local to take him sight seeing at their expense. Man I wanna be aGB member.

• pixel
    pixel

Is good to be the King's brother.

• undercover
    undercover

On one hand, this is a tempest in a teapot. Big deal. Apple Watch. Some wealthy dub probably gave it to him. Not really a scandal or worth worrying about.

On the other hand, as pointed out already, the leadership is constantly harassing the R&F to avoid materialism, and to work menial jobs, and spurn higher education. So it is fairly hypocritical, and a slap in the face to all those that follow their 'advice'...if they were actually paying attention.

I say, let em wear all the bling they want. Wear expensive suits, shoes, accessories, watches, rings. Go ahead and look like the con man TV preacher you really are. Maybe some dubs will start to see there's no real difference from the men they worship and the men that other dupes worship.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mark Sanderson wears an Apple Watch at regional convention..

Fancy Apple Watch.............................Fancy Kingdom Hall..

For Mark Sanderson..............................For African JWs..

Image result for apple watchImage result for Kingdom hall africa

I Need A Sandwich..Can Somebody..

Get Me a Friggin Sandwich??!!..

Image result for WatchTower Mark Sanderson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit