Just a little anecdote illustrating how out of touch the typical JW is

by sir82 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I wonder was Jesus marked for a sleep over in Mary and Martha's home....

LOL.

Only if there were 2 eyewitnesses who saw his donkey parked there all night.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

sir82: LMAO "his donkey parked there all night"...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I was a young pioneer in my twenties when I was invited to the AGM when it came to the UK. The UK congs. were shitting themselves over the GB and Brooklyn bethel people attending. Of course I didn't hear any of it because I was serving drinks and food all day.

After we had served lunch and were desperate for a sit down we were taken to a room and asked to cut up all these cakes other women had baked and put them on trays. Then they decided to put the plates of cake in one half of each tray and put cups on the other half so we changed them all round. I thought great now are we going to get to sit down and have a drink and eat some of this cake. No, the men in charge of us decided they liked it how it was to start with and told us to change it all back again.

Why do I remember this all these years later? Because I was absolutely bloody furious! How can these idiots who don't know their ass from their elbow keep treating women like this I thought. What shocked me was the other women just did as they were told and nobody complained. They were so submissive but I wanted to punch those men!

• freddo
    freddo

And of course Lazarus being dead an' all means there was no chaperone. Disgraceful.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Xanthippe: that gives you an idea how things will be for women in JW's paradise.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    So he didn't speak about brothers "in the closet"?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well, I think it was a women who first invented the excuse " I'd love to (fill in the blank) but I'll be organizing my sock drawer that night." And when women say they will be organizing their sock drawer or bra drawer or cutlery drawer we really mean it, we all have a genetic black belt in closet and drawer and cupboard organizing and that is our main focus in life - apart from pleasing up our men of course and you know what I mean - 😉 lol!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I just thought of something. This is for you folks who are still stuck in the organization because of family and friends.

This will not work if you caught coming out of a motel, OK. And this is for single folks.

But if you are called in to talk with elders about an overnight stay in a brother or sister home(someone spotted your car)

Just tell them, Jesus stayed in Mary and Martha's home on many occasion and I'm

sure they weren't the only single sister He spent the night in their homes. Was he DF????

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

And don't forget that incident that involved Jesus' feet some perfumed oil, tears and hair and much caressing!

Bam, take that WT!! Women can do more than organize closets!

• Wayward
    Wayward

Well, James Mixon, Jesus DID call a woman (the Syro-Phoenician I think?) a dog. Even in this day and age, those are fighting words.

I once had a CO counsel me about my occupation: carpenter/cabinetmaker. I was told it was 'inappropriate' for women, that women aren't 'designed' for 'men's' work. That I didn't have the mental or physical capacity to do the work. Which was a crock. I'd been doing that work since I was sixteen. I should get married and let my husband support me. The local elder who came with him just sat there looking embarrassed, but he didn't have the balls to SAY anything.

First, as long as its an honest job, it was none of the CO's business WHAT I did. Second, what kind of 50's alternate reality was he living in? Even twenty years ago it was getting harder for families to get by on only one income. Wish I'd kicked him down my apartment stairs! I did NOT quit my job and I met the man I eventually married on the job. We both still work for that company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit