Just a little anecdote illustrating how out of touch the typical JW is

by sir82 37 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Meanwhile back in the Kingdom Hall women cannot run a microphone, wear trousers or read for the congregation.

umm, I wonder how they would handle a woman who is transgender and now identifies as a man legally. I'm pretty sure the elders book has no provision for those cases.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The closet organization comment is pretty typical of chauvinists - ostensibly it's a complement, but it's one that's intended to reinforce stereotypical gender roles to keep women busy and out of the "men's work." What more could you expect from a male-dominated authoritarian cult based on an ancient book written by a male-dominated authoritarian society from the stone age?

Whoever it was who down voted me it was a joke.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

JW elders are all "50's guys".

• Sevan
    Sevan

Yeah, one of the elders in our hall that is harassing me to meet with the brothers right now is always making sexist remarks about women and putting his wife down in service. He is a total self-righteous misogynistic douche. But he's wealthy and been an elder for decades, so in other words high status and untouchable.

This is the same guy that harassed and excessively criticized me for going to University. He actually said to me, "why don't you just start a business?" Ummm, maybe because my parents are dirt poor and can't give me tens of thousands of dollars to start a business like your dad did for you?

Just clueless.

• jaydee
    jaydee

............LATEST ELDERS TRAINING VIDEO.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c55lXRAeg

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's funny he used Martha: Luke 10;38-42 Martha hot from the kitchen and

exhausted from cooking and cleaning while Mary sitting at Jesus feet and taking in

every word. Martha thinking what must it take to host the Son of GOD, so she is distracted

with much serving, she approached Jesus and tell him' I'am working my butt off and I am getting

no help for my sorry sister sitting at your feet, I need help Jesus..

What did Jesus say, Stop your bitching (ok he didn't say that), but he told her "Martha,Martha, you

are worried and troubled about many things, ( yes, like what the hell will I serve the son of GOD)

But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her".

What the hell does that mean, "Mary has chosen that good part"?

She have been working all day to feed him and no help from sister Mary.

Man, Jesus can be down right nasty some times..

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Good grief that video is shameful. Can't believe it's real.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I love how all these bible characters had "faith" while witnessing miracles on a regular basis.

Martha? Come on. She saw Jesus perform miracles. She had him stay in her home on numerous occasions.

She even saw her brother Lazarus resurrected. The Imitate book implores us to imitate her faith. Ok. I will. As soon as I have the same basis for faith that she supposedly had.

• darkspilver
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I wonder was Jesus marked for a sleep over in Mary and Martha's home....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit