This Is It?

by Nevuela 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has been propagating bullshit for a long time now, since the late 1800's to be exact.

The leaders of this publishing house have known that if they devise or create doctrines that look like they are supported by bible Scripture, that certain people will accept them with little question or critical scrutiny.

The leaders strategically mentally manipulated people to serve or work for the organization with unquestioning subservience and if you do try to openly examine the set doctrines, you will be appropriately muzzled and shunned by all other remembers, guilt ridden for doing so.

Shame on you for questioning god's chosen ones.

The Org also knew how to retain power, judgement and control over people once they are in the organization.

This organization that was built by a man who in lived in a lavish house, who was separated from his legal wife and lived with his mistress, who wore the best hand tailored suits, who drove luxury cars that only the very rich could afford and was said to be a bit of a boozer.

Yes indeed that sounds like a person god would exclusively choose, out all the righteous men on earth

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"So, I googled "has Matthew 24:14 been fulfilled" and it led me to a thread on this board."

I wonder how often JWN threads come up when Watchtower researches type in a subject matter they have been instructed to write about?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Googling 'end of world predictions' displays a long list in which JW's feature.

The long list of failed prophecies , which includes Jim Jones and Charles Manson should embarrass anyone associated with any of the organisations on it. But it doesn't seem to worry dubs.

There is power in knowing something that only your group knows and this gives average people a feeling of superiority over others.

JW history has been pure speculation sold as unfailing prophecy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Correct Joey but the endeavour did help to sell and proliferate a lot of literature

• steve2
    steve2

Two things are always just around the corner: Love and the end. It will thus always be that way and for so many, it turns out to be true: I fall in love around one corner and then around the next, either love ends or I end.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUniG6F_RzY

Maybe the GB will use Michael Jackson's last video as an introduction to their talk since he claimed to be a JW and is awaiting the resurrection . The young ones would go estacic and a few middle aged ones also.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies, and in such a short amount of time! It took a while to wade through them all. That last one with the Michael Jackson video really did it for me. Thanks, Betheliesalot. And thank you to everyone else for replying.

I've only ever studied with JWs and currently share a house with one (and been to a few meetings and conventions as well). I have no intention of joining them or any other religion. I was just wondering what distinct brand of lunacy to expect from the JWs I know in the near future.

• Nathan Natas
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NewYork44AM - "...I recall every event supporting the belief that the end was imminent. It was quite exhausting."

That, and the attitude that...

..."Everything is proof we're right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

• Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit