Why Is Nothing Being Done About Looters?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The fact that in America they are readily available in supermarkets

In the better part of seven decades in the U.S. I have never yet seen firearms readily available in supermarkets.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Top US states: Illinois, California and New York. ~ Anon

All of which have the toughest gun control laws in the US.

Yes, Virginia, in those States only the "bad guys" have guns.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

In Africa right now Looters and Rioters are destroying Everything. The only thing left was the food stores and once those are destroyed, you can't get food unless you go miles to buy.

So Citizens are now taking arms and defending the Food stores because the police can't come to help.

So it up to the citizens to protect the stores from the looters and rioters, other wise they will lose everything if they depend on the Government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YiCqbBLec

• jhine
    jhine

Fedup Walmart sells guns .

To blame the more recent rise in knife crime on the 1997 gun ban doesn't work . There has been a rise in knife deaths in the last few years but that's nothing to do with the 97 ban . If there was a direct correlation then knife crime would have shot up in 1998 .

Also you are still less likely to be stabbed in the UK than in the US . It's not a big percentage difference tbh but still less likely. You are a LOT less likely to be shot in the UK than in America .

After a mass shooting took place in a school in Dunblane Scotland the public called for an enquiry into how the gunman got hold of a weapon. There was a petition with 750 000 signatures calling for even tighter gun control .

The fact is the UK has much less violent crime than America . Any look at any given statistics confirms that.

Gun violence breeds gun violence

Jan

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@jan: try to buy a gun in Walmart: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/reporter-tries-buy-gun-walmart-083700384.html

I already quoted you statistics that show violent crime per capita being 4-5 times worse in the UK (1.6%) compared to the US (0.3%). Yes, you’re more likely to be shot down instead of knifed down in the US, anyone with experience can tell you that gun wounds are generally smaller and easier to treat than knife wounds. Gun crime often happens within the radius that a knife would be more effective.

Violent crime has dropped across the world historically because of greater access to wealth, so you do have to adjust for that as well. Even though overall crime dropped, in the UK knife crime nearly doubled in the decade after the gun ban. It then slowed a little bit and has been ticking up again in the last 5 years. After the gun ban, gun crime in the UK kept pace with the overall crime rate and has been ticking up again in the last 5 years, especially against police, so as a share of all crime, gun crime did not drop in the UK after the ban, it seems like criminals don’t care about the law.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Anony Mous said,

''I already quoted you statistics that show violent crime per capita being 4-5 times worse in the UK (1.6%) compared to the US (0.3%).''

I missed that quote sorry. Could you repost the reference for this statistic. Thanks.

• Anony Mous
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

Walmart sells guns .

bb guns for kids----maybe.

I get a kick of people who have never even visited the USA think you can buy a gun anywhere. I've even seen posts that say many citizens have TANKS in their backyard.

I'm waiting to see who says citizens in the US can buy Nukes.🤣

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Every action has a reaction. I actually think this is a good thing. Sometimes things have to get bad before people open their eyes.

Let the looting continue in the left's hell holes. Let NY, LA, San Francisco crumble until nobody can live there. All stores close, crime go up, tourists stay away. Maybe then, the droves of morons and idiots that roam those streets will finally realize that they should not be electing radicals into office.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Fedup Walmart sells guns .

Some do. None sell handguns or semi-automatic firearms. And regardless of the wrong idea that some people cling to, it is not as easy as walking in, choosing the most scary looking firearm you see, plunking down a few dollars, and then walking out with your chosen weapon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit