Things I found when my mom died...very interesting

by PurpleV 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Had Enough, you have some good ideas, but I no longer have the letter. At the time I was taking care of the affairs in the estate, there was just so much to do that I didn't want to deal with a big hassle with the WTBTS. There were enough bad feelings for me about the fact that none of her loving "brothers" or "sisters" even bothered to visit here during the 18 months she was in a nursing home....then there was the soulless "memorial service" performed by an elder who was supposedly a close friend of hers.

I probably should have done something, but I just couldn't deal with it then. Now I'm pretty sure it would be impossible.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

So sorry RHW:

I understand what you would have been going through at the time. The less contact with them the better.

Something may have been accomplished with the letter, but I wonder too now if anything could be done without it. Who knows, if the amount of $ was worth the effort and the upset in having to deal with the WTS, then maybe even her canceled cheque (or a copy from the bank) to the WTS would be sufficient, especially if it had the word "loan" on it.

Anyway, I know having to deal with them might be more difficult that its worth, but if you feel up to a fight, perhaps someone like mustang or someone else, with a little legal knowledge, might be able to suggest something. If so, it might even depend on whether it was to the Canadian branch or Brooklyn.

Whatever you do, I hope whatever you decide, will give you peace. Having to deal with a parents death is bad enough without having to wade through all the garbage you had to deal with from the so-called "friends".

Had Enough

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

JanG,

You said:

Just think, back then he could stay home with his grippe and not be marked for it ..... nowadays if you mistt the assmblies you are definitely spiritually weak and can find yourself having to answer 'why?'.

According to an authority we all recognize as a "dictionary" the word "grippe" means "influenza". And, of course, influenza defined is: "An acute contagious viral infection characterized by inflammation of the respiratory tract and by fever, chills, muscular pain, and prostration. Also called grippe."

Brother PurpleV showed love for his neighbor by staying at home, wouldn't you say. And it's the same way today, nobody with such a contagious ailment is expected to be at any meetings.

Yadirf

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Purple V,
    Thanks for the walk down memory lane. But it was this that got me

Language (or Colored)___________________"

Unbelievable!!
    TW

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Thanks for all your replies.

Sure, I could scan the back-call slip. Give me a few days.

My father was always an, ahem, "inactive" Witness. When my mother was dragging me out in service
    and to the books study and all the rest, he stayed home. He only went to the public talk or the wt study.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK, who is Tishie, and where is her board, and do I want to go there?

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• Lindy
    Lindy

Here's Tishie's board address:

http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/55236

It's an exJW support board. I go and read but rarely answer.
    Lindy (Antique)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks Lindy,

(I lost a lot of my links) I'll go have a look.

cheers, unc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit