Any Peugeot owners around here?

by Mandrake 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    I was wondering since there are a lot of UK users (at first I didn't notice that) if there is some peugeot owners here, clearly not from the US, the brand and also citroën has no presence in north america... In my city (santiago) you can see almost every car brand from chinese to european... in my apartment's parking lot there are toyotas, hondas, a porsche (that is abandoned, a carrera 911 turbo from 1989), even an old lancia, alfa romeo, nissan, renault, citroën, a camaro, suzuki, sköda, bmw, an old mecerdes, daewoos, kias, hyundais, an old vw beetle and a scirocco, few chinese, an audi, a dodge ram. even a Maserati in a house two blocks away etc etc.. and my 307 :)
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ Mandrake - Its true, there are no Citroen's in North Americas/U.S., but there ARE Peugeot's. In fact many different European cars are in the U.S..

There aren't a lot of Chinese cars, though, I can tell you that.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Peugeot left america in 1991... There may still be some out there, if it weren't for the gray market, many car collections in the us wouldn't be there!

Today at the bus terminal they put an all black Jaguar E-Type in exhibition, it was gorgeous!!!! (I edited my post because I pressed "enter" by mistake before ending)

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

VW, BMW, mercedes and volvo seem to be very popular in the u.s.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I owned a 1960-67 Peugeot back in the 70's and a 1985 Yugo in the 90's.

I wish I still owned the Peugeot but the Yugo don't miss it.

The jokes I heard about my Yugo.LOL

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Yugos are like the Ladas (we also have ladas, the samaras and the 124 fiat-like) still running...! My grandfather used to drive a lada 124 as a taxi!!!

• stillin
    stillin

I live in the States and I've had a couple of Peugeots. Loved them! Tough and reliable!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

We used to have a 404 that had some bad piston rings. It was diesel. To avoid wasting time, my dad used to jump a cable between the battery and the glow plugs. While the plugs heated up the combustion chambers, he would give the car a quick clean up. If the winter was specially cold, a shot of engine starter was required. We then moved a Renault 9, then a Peugeot 504. My mom eventually owned a 306 as well. My dad has a Jeep, which was then manufactured in the country by IKA. That thing has a 4 cylinder Mercedes Benz engine. Is a 60s model and still runs today.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

In the Columbo detective series, the beat up car he drove was a 59 Peugeot 403 convertible. It seemed to match his dishevelled appearance as i recall. Presently i drive a Peugeot 308sw (sport wagon ) deisel, my wife has just taken delivery of a Peugeot 2008 crossover also deisel. I have also owned a Citroën C5 estate (shooting brake ) it was very good .

• compound complex
    compound complex

I learned to drive on a 404 four-door sedan in the early '60s.

Four on the column!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit