Does the GB/WT now ,ever talk about 6,000 years of human history ?

by smiddy3 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being that the WTS used this 6000 year dating scheme 3 times in its publishing history (early 1900's, early 1940's and late 1960's, the GB today would naturally not try it again, god's chosen organization is not supposed to be lying and corrupt.

It is but mentally indoctrinated JWS dont know that.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I wonder if he'll get a resurrection?

He looks like he could use one...

• steve2
    steve2

So, one of the main teachings of JW organization in the 1960s to mid-1970s - that 6,000 years of human existence ends soon - has since been given the silent treatment. It's been treated like it's dead. Being shunned is a bitch, whether you're a teaching or a human.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So there we have it, a carefully researched irrefutable set of bible facts cannot possibly fit with anything in the real world, humans have been here for far longer than 6000 years.

In the case of the generation fiasco WT were forced to come up with an half-assed explanation, look the faithful in the eye and instruct them to beileeeeve. In this case though, creative days, say nothing, perhaps they won't notice.

None of it is worth any serious thought, move on.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, slidin' fast, creative days calls for creative lies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Slidin Fast - "...if Jesus preached and accepted the creation story and Bible 'fact', where does that leave Christianity?"

With the reminder that Jesus taught almost exclusively using parables, allegories, and metaphors?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I never believed (even as an active JW) that the human race was only around for 6,000 years.

I always felt this was one of their stupider teachings and I let it go in one ear and out the other.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LongHairGal...

We can thank Freddy Franz for all that...

...he could write in a scholarly manner, yet still manage to be as dumb as a fucking post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit