What do you do for living?

by Iamallcool 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Health and Safety consultant & incident investigator.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Although in my mid-sixties, I am still working full time for an Electrical Engineering firm - although in a role best described as that of a "Busted @$$ Electrician".

In fact, during the last ten years, I have three times actually gone back "on the tools", but of late am mainly in the office. There have, though, been some lengthy visits to site (open-cut mining), with another one coming up next month. My involvement there was (and will be) with the high voltage switching activities.

Looking ahead, I can see myself remaining in the workforce for some considerable time yet to come. According to my employer, that is most likely going to involve a training role in High Voltage Switching and Isolations. To that end, I am presently studying towards attaining Certificate IV in Training and Assessments.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Deadlivestan - all at the same time ?

Well, you don't get long in Convention lunch breaks because of all the ones being Baptised these days...

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    🙄 pioneered, CO, DO, turned down for GB, now mooching and living off saved green handshakes, and am important moderator. HOW IS THAT?

I want to hear more about this? "turned down for GB" Are you for real?

It's been good, but I should have been an architect or engineer if not for this damn cult. I shake my head at how my parents refused to help me with financial aide (sign for loans) even though I'd been accepted to Temple, Drexel, and Penn State.

Architecture is art and artist generally starve. You did well to go into the other side of things. Voice of experience talking

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    🙄 pioneered, CO, DO, turned down for GB, now mooching and living off saved green handshakes, and am important moderator. HOW IS THAT?

I want to hear more about this? "turned down for GB" Are you for real?

sounds like that trottigy guy --dunnit ?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Teaching, though I've been sitting Covid out.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Always been a small business owner.
  • Livingfree86
    Livingfree86

Firefighter 👨🏻‍🚒

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Retired steel worker and machinist. In retirement, I worked about 6 months in a Florida fish market fileting fish, shucking oysters and clams, and cooking shrimp. I loved doing that.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I'm a granny taking care of my 2-year-old grandson, while his mama is in school. My hubby on the other hand works at a company that does the breaking system of several different brands of vehicles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit