What do you do for living?

by Iamallcool 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Been retired for the past 16 years. Retired from teaching at 58. I am blessed beyond measure with children who love the Lord and my wife and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in August. PTL

• vienne
    vienne

University student, living at home. I work part time as office help at an Engineering/Architectural company.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Lion Tamer

• vienne
    vienne
    mickb, how old is your lion?
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

As a 14 year old non JW , left school got a job in a leathergoods business ,did a 5 year apprenticeship ,became converted at 20 years old ,left the job after 12 years and went to work for KODAK in a laboratory. Then got a job interstate with an oil co.for 6 years ,left got another job with another photographic Co,for another 5 years ,and finally got a job with another oil Co,in a laboratory and stayed for 28 years ,until I retired in 2007 @ 68 years old. And i have been retired since then.

There was a couple more jobs before the last one of about a year in each.

One being a very memorable one was with the Australian Reptile Park in Gosford NSW.

Fortunately for me and my wife staying in the last job I had for 28 years left me with enough money to buy my own home.Being a JW was the reason I moved around so much and took so many jobs because the end could come any time soon ,but as i got to about 40 years of age I thought maybe I should be looking at a bit more security until it does come just in case.

I had noted that the GB were not without blame for the 1975 fiasco blaming it solely on the expectations of the R&F.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Eat, drink, breathe, exercise and defecate. Apart from that, I do audits for an insurance company.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've been in drafting and design since I was 16 years old, and was the youngest employee of an architectural-engineering firm when I was 18. I worked for 2 large specialized firms until I was 22, then left for the contracting side of HVAC, refrigeration, etc where I do coordination drawings, design, drafting, etc. It's been good, but I should have been an architect or engineer if not for this damn cult. I shake my head at how my parents refused to help me with financial aide (sign for loans) even though I'd been accepted to Temple, Drexel, and Penn State.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    punkofnicean hour ago

Eat, drink, breathe, exercise and defecate. Apart from that, I do audits for an insurance company.

all at the same time ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm currently not working, too.

I am going to college one day a week on an IT course.

(I graduated from uni in 2015 with a biology degree. I could do a doctorate because my BSc grade was good enough to jump up to a PhD but it isn't easy and I just don't have that desire at the moment. I guess I'm lazy!)

PS - I don't like living on Job Seeker's Allowance. For one thing, I don't like being dependent on the government. Another thing, I should be earning my own money and being independent.

Hopefully I can get a nice little job in IT after I complete my college course.

Long-term, I would like to try and go for a PhD if possible.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Heretic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit