Are you affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder?

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Vitamin D helps some people with SAD

".....Since it is estimated that more than 70 percent of the U.S. population is D-deficient, Dr. Weil recommends that everyone take a daily supplement of 2,000 IU but notes that higher doses of vitamin D may be needed to effectively treat SAD."

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/mental-health/seasonal-affective-disorder-sad/

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ compound complex:

Try yellow tinted glasses. They will make even the cloudiest of days appear pleasant and sunny. I have a pair of yellow tinted sunglasses. I originally got them because I thought they looked cool.

Go figure.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

CC

Rain??!! That would be wonderful….Here in Sweden we have almost total darkness, and snowstorm….Light will not be seen from 16:00 till 09:00… No wonder that lamps, D,C vitamin are sold in large quantities. But of course many of us escape to Thailand, The Canaries and other more sunny places. Myself,,, I am hiding in a bears nest, waiting to come out till the end of April….No depression symptom yet???!!!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I am for sure.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe so.

I experience a huge cognitive decline in December especially.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Carla, My Name, Bugbear, ttdtt, and Londo111 for incredible replies!

It never crossed my mind about lack of sunlight for those of you living so far up north. Funny how the big deal here -- the Sierra foothills of California and higher -- is that thousands brave the clogged highways to go skiing at Tahoe, Boreal, etc. Of course, there is the sun!

Yeah, trekking to a sunny tropical isle sounds mighty fine to me!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I'm from northwest Indiana, near Chicago. My SAD was severe, so I moved to sunny Colorado. It really made a difference. No more fall and winter depression.

• compound complex
    compound complex

That's good news, Virgochik!

I can understand, although for me it was going from the drippy, fog-enshrouded Pacific coast to here, in the Sierras -- what a difference.

Thanks!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Give a thought to us poor bastards in OZ who are suffering through 40+ deg.celsius and my air condititioning has packed up and we are just relying on fans blowing hot air around .

C`mon CoCo give me some verse to cheer me up I know you can do it ?

I am longing for the rain and coolness of the air

for when the change does come

I feel I will not despair .

• compound complex
    compound complex

The violent, angry and sullen clouds momentarily give way to the sun. Thongs of crazed, vitamin D deficient humans crowd into the streets for a fleeting glimpse of the brilliant orb. Like a scared child running to hide behind its mother, the sun quickly retreats behind the clouds. The depressed masses, eyes glazed by seasonal affect depression, survey the soggy, moss-covered, decaying landscape, and groan. Obeying their evolutionary instincts, they get in their cars to drive to Starbucks for the drug, caffeine, that is so critical to their survival. With disgust, they observe the ever-present pine needles littering the car floorboards. -- Justitia Themis (8 years ago)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit