Are you affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder?

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

As I intimate in the words below, I like autumn and winter, but there's a downward spiral in my emotions. I'm in control, yet, . . .

HOW ABOUT YOU?

RAIN, AT LONG LAST, has touched both our land and my soul. The burning sun of a protracted summer has released its hold; I breathe in the welcome cool and damp of ground-hugging mist.

Yet, an unforeseen sadness creeps into the worn fabric of life, and loose-hanging garments afford no warmth to my diminishing frame.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, CoCo, I am affected.

I'm so depressed. Maybe when the rain actually starts I'll feel better!

Thanks for starting this topic! Many will respond.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Yes, everything feels bleak and hopeless. Every year it seems harder to make it through 'til spring.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Sail Away!

I hope things look up for you. It is a tough time for many.

CHEERS!

• Sunworshipper805
    Sunworshipper805

Me too, hence my name 😎

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I live in the Midwest... Illinois.The winter months are really bad for me. It starts in November and finally ends in early April. My brain needs sunlight.

I take a 10 day vacation in the winter in sunny Florida or go on cruises to the Bahama's/Caribbean. This lifts my depression as soon as I land and see the sun. As soon as I get back home it starts up all over again.

My job is working outdoors from early March to middle of November. Rainy days make make really depressed. As soon as the sun comes out I feel much better.

With S.A.D,I gain weight in the winter months, have no desire to exert myself to do anything, go to bed earlier, and live in a fog until April comes around.

There are Light therapy boxes you can use but have never tried one. The only solution is to move to a location that has sunny days and no snow.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm not affected by that, but my husband is. Not fun to loved ones either. Hope it goes away soon.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I appreciate your comments, Sunworshipper805, Rules & Regulations, and scratchme1010. They have helped me, too, seeing how we are all affected, more or less.

Best wishes as we tread through winter.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

CC - I've always seen ads for a certain type of lamp that helps with that, do you know what I'm referring to and have you tried it?

• compound complex
    compound complex

No, ShirleyW, I heard of it only now from you and R&R.

Will look into it. Here in northern California, Sierra foothills, we get lots of rain but clearing and sunshine. The lower valley regions get long-term overcast and/or tule fog, which is really depressing.

THANKS!

Tule fog /ˈtuːliː/ is a thick ground fog that settles in the San Joaquin Valley and Sacramento Valley areas of California's Great Central Valley. Tule fog forms from late fall through early spring (California's rainy season) after the first significant rainfall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit