If You're Just Here to spread Your TDS, It's Time to Say Goodbye

by Simon 42 Replies latest forum announcements

• minimus
    minimus

Every thing is Trump’s fault.

• LV101
    LV101

Everything is Obozo's fault - fact - going back to ole Carter and his mortgage delusions, triple digit inflation - crazy.

Did he do anything constructive or build up anything for the tax payers? Broken health care system, military, financial system - third world country here. Thank goodness we have strong leadership - business, political, medical, acumen, at the helm. Unimaginable what the American population would be dealing with if another liberal groomed/corrupt politician was in charge. Open borders, no private sector at the forefront - oh my.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I, for one, think "orange man" is far better than anyone else we could have. He is the only one that even pretends to be fighting against political correctness--which is out of control. And, he has done better than KILLary would have. As far as I see, both KILLary and Sanders are communists, and I would rather have someone that is "politically incorrect" at times than communism.

• LV101
    LV101

No wonder we don't have enough masks, ventilators, gloves, gowns -- good to know our political leaders (can't wait to find out which liberals and conservatives in power) have been selling the Americans out for long time padding their pockets and now siding with the CHICONS.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

The left has been selling out Americans for years. I agree. Letting in illegals and giving them everything for free on the backs of tax payers just to buy votes.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

I find it really ironic that some who have awakened and left the dogmatism and unquestioning fanatical zeal of the JW’s mentally transfer the same way of thinking to partisan politics. I am a former JW and a Trump supporter. I realize Trump is a flawed man and I understand why some people- mostly those who believe a big government will benignly take care of them in some way(s) - are attracted to liberal causes. What’s ironic to me is ex-JW’s who blindly hate anything and everything Trump does and stands for. They refuse to see that it is the same cultish mentality. I can produce many examples, but one that strikes me for the total hypocrisy is the childish references to Trump as the ‘orange man’ or when commentator/comedian (?) Bill Maher referred to him as the son of an orangutan. Can you imagine the hysterical reaction of the media if any well-known personality had referred to former President Obama as the son of an ape, or derided him for his skin color?

I believe people vote (myself included) for what they believe will give them the best edge over others in our competitive society. But blind hatred, a refusal to respectfully debate/reason, and angry name calling of those who disagree with us politically is the same exact cultish mentality we left behind in JW.org.

• jp1692
    jp1692

LGB: But blind hatred, a refusal to respectfully debate/reason, and angry name calling of those who disagree with us politically is the same exact cultish mentality we left behind in jw . org.

You make some really good points. I appreciate your reasoning and the examples you used to make them. Thank you.

I'm curious, what then do you think about comments such as: "Obozo, KILLary, or Libtard"?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JP1692:

Good point!..But, the mountain of nasty remarks about Trump far surpass the remarks about democrats/leftists.

• jp1692
    jp1692

LHG: The mountain of nasty remarks about Trump far surpass the remarks about democrats/leftists.

Perhaps. I haven't even attempted to keep track.

I was making the point—which you obviously got—that name calling from either side is divisive and counterproductive to any attempts at civil dialogue and persuasive argumentation.

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon

JimmyYoung: you seem to have interpreted this thread as a green light to post the exact opposite. I see your partisan posts as exactly the same as the TDS ones, just the coin flipped, so I've removed the two topics you recently started.

As I said, I am tired of dealing with people who just want to post propaganda. That doesn't mean people can't have political discussion, but if it's simply name calling or repeating BS then expect it to be removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit