If You're Just Here to spread Your TDS, It's Time to Say Goodbye

by Simon 42 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

If all you want to do it deliver a constant whine of "Orange Man Bad" then find someplace else to do. it. Frankly, I can't be bothered with the bullshit anymore.

Honestly, your politics and the whole virtue signalling woke brigade has actually started causing real deaths and was ruining life for many before that.

If you can't control your disease, then I'll do it for you.

It's not open for debate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We’re going to lose a lot of spirited discussions if you limit them to just the side that you agree with.

Just saying......

• Simon
    Simon

Discussions are fine, but some people are incapable of recognizing that just constantly posting anti-Trump propaganda isn't part of having a discussion.

The trick is always the same, to "win" by bombarding the other side with nonsense that wastes time trying to debunk, esp. as the facts are ignored and the same crap is just repeated ad naseum. It's tiresome and pointless.

An example is the Russia hoax - it's been proven that it was invented, all reasonable people understand it was a dirty trick by the democrats. There's no reason for anyone to put up with people repeating things that have already been debunked. Same with the "fine people" hoax, Ukraine and many others.

It wastes people's time and it's noise, which is why it's not going to be tolerated anymore.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I for one would very much welcome a forum feature that would allow me to mute certain forum sections (politics & current affairs, I'm looking at you), and forum members actually posting their remarks and rants on politics and politicians in the appropriate section.

I'm here for the JW related stuff, and quite tired of all the conversations and rants about (mostly USA) politics.
    Would love to be able to skip that content when looking at the 'hottest' and 'latest' posts...

• cofty
    cofty

American politics seem to be so partisan that conversations always generate more heat than light.

I seek out Conservative and Liberal American podcasts. Clever and funny people on both sides.

The idea that others might disagree with your political views but still be decent and intelligent appears to be forgotten.

I shudder to imagine the anger after the next election whatever the outcome.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILL TOTALLY ADD:

I did not vote for Trump in 2016 and I believed as some thought - that neither candidate was acceptable.

But, the fact is that the man got in. I don’t know your age, but I suspect I am older than you. I have NEVER in all my life been surrounded by people consumed by constant talk (sometimes irrational) about any sitting president!!

ENOUGH.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

For those like me who had a good idea but weren't sure exactly TDS, means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken.[2] The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.[3][1][4]

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Thank you Simon!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Longhair I will soon be 66 years old. Still Totally ADD

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.

Interesting. Labels like these (I guess the anti-Trump crowd uses similar labels for the pro-Trump crowd) seem to resemble the way the Borg labels critics. Attack the person, not their argument.

Then again, what do I know about USA politics.....not much really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit