Quick question to ALL members

by Tenacious 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Well when you consider he died for our sins, as Christians we are asked to show appreciation for that by imitating him the best we can. Very simple but of course the watchtower convolutes all that.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

As a Witness, when you thought about Jesus Christ, what was the first thing that came to your mind?

Jesu's---------The man who takes care of our lawn.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Gardner.jpg

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I thought of Jesus as a cool dude with a beard and a smile. Funny, because I almost used to be afraid of Jehovah.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I always wondered why we (JW's) put Jesus on the sideline while all other Christian religions put him at the forefront. I think that always ate at me and this is what created my initial doubts that this religion was flawed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A savior god that was going to do away with pain and suffering and death, so all of humanity can live in paradise just like Adam and Eve.

What nice guy , what a nice god.

Shame this god is set in ancient fictional mythology and doesn't really exist.

Since all gods in human history were created by mankind, maybe we'd better off sure just accepting that and socially behave within the ideological perimeters of humanism.

Looks like us humans are left on are own to improve are living experience .

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I remember once about a year after I was baptized, my JW cousin asked me a question. If you could talk to anyone dead or alive throughout history up to our current day, who would it be? My reply was Jesus. My cousin then asked me why, and I told him because would ask him what his thoughts on the Watchtower would be. My cousin got real silent after that, and by the way, he was at the time a long time Ministerial Servant, it was his mother who fooled my mother into becoming a JW, by lying to her that she would soon be reunited with her baby girl that had died back in 1973. For a group of people who call their religion "The Truth" there sure is a whole lot of fibbing going on.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Submission to his father and undeserved kindness, liberty and justice for all.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TENACIOUS:

I was raised Roman Catholic so my view of Jesus was that he is my savior.

When I made the mistake of getting involved with the Witness religion I noticed the difference of how he was viewed and it never really sat well with me. I also noticed (as some have pointed out) that the Witnesses relegate Jesus to the sidelines whereas other religions have him front and center.

Even though I am not religious today, there is no way I would have EVER accepted the Witness view that Jesus was only for the 144,000.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Other Christian faiths put great emphasis to worshiping Jesus.

The WTS on the other hand proclaimed that this wrong that Jehovah is the almighty god one should focus their worship to him not his son..

Most of mainstream Christians but not all say that Jesus is the god of the ancient Hebrews just that he wasn't identified as such until he came to earth or he was apart of the trinity godhead .

There are a lot of Scriptures that talk about who they should worship and follow in the New Testament such as John 6:40 .....

"For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

To answer the OP, as a witness the first thing I thought of was Jesus suffering and dying for me. In hindsight, I now see that as a massive guilt trip. It's a master stroke of manipulation.

My view of Jesus these days is not clouded by indoctrination (I hope). He was a man like any other. If the account we have of him can be relied upon, and I'm not sure it can be, then we see a flawed individual who sometimes gave good advice, often told lies and deceived people and ultimately let down his followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit