Quick question to ALL members

by Tenacious 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

As a Witness, when you thought about Jesus Christ, what was the first thing that came to your mind?

• waton
    waton

A well meaning bachelor that did his charitable works outside the mainstream establishment with a minimum of overhead, management. He did not have an accurate understanding of nature.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

He died for me.

• blondie
    blondie

That jws are so focused on god, that they don't know Jesus as a person, just a tool for their salvation. In my Comments, I always looked for the parts that made me think, where is Jesus in this equation?

Most jws don't know enough about Jesus to be a real friend that they can be with and give to, not just someone that gives to them.

I do believe that Jesus existed, a good person that used his life to help others with his strength and abilities. We could all imitate him that he is a real person or not.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

The pictures from the 'Greatest Man Who Ever Lived' (and gave up his weekend for your sins?) book.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff
    Carpentry.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I felt horrified that he was tortured to death for me. I struggled with that teaching from age sixteen.

• flipper
    flipper

Even as a young child or teenager being raised up from birth as a Jehovah's Witness - I never could wrap my mind around THIS question : What sane or normal father ( God ) would ever put his own son ( Jesus ) to death and let him suffer ? And for what ? Millions of human beings are going to be " saved " or " redeemed " by this ? Ridiculous. So in a way as a JW kid, I felt sorry for Jesus having a father who would do that to him.

Like the words in the song Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles, " Eleanor Rigby, died in the church and was buried along with her name. Nobody came. Father McKenzie, wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave. NO ONE was saved. "

Basically I have the same view. Religion is used to give people false, illusionary

hopes that aren't true or real. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

Love

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

A man who gave up everything for a bunch of ungrateful people (including myself because i always felt guilty that i didn't truly believe the organization so i felt like there was no way for me in the paradise)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit