Lloyd Evans keeps doing parts on how the JWs are guilty of follwing the bible.

by mickbobcat 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mickbobcat, on a different thread:

So if you don't like the views people hold and run to read the very views you hate just to whine about those opinions.

Well said.
  • alanv
    alanv

Lloyd has regularly shown the total inconsistency in the bible. How it is wrong most times when it dabbles in science. The accounts of wholesale destruction of innocent people. The many bible accounts that have shown to be simply stories.

Once you see how it cant possibly be the inspired word of God it is very easy to see all the lies and double standards contained in the bible.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is surprising how many XJW's do not understand that the Bible is not to be read as the J.W org does, or as most of Christendom does.

To read it, and understand what the Writer was on about, you have to know the full information about the time in which he lived, the religious and political situation, and much much more.

On that basis, I would dispute a number of things that are taken as "givens" about what the Bible "says" in the O.P.

Nothing is plain, and should not be looked upon with a 21st Century lens when considering verses written 2000 years ago, or much longer than that.

Evans is not criticising what the Bible ACTUALLY says, but the J.W interpretation of it.

• steve2
    steve2

Evans is not criticising what the Bible ACTUALLY says, but the J.W interpretation of it.

Phizzy, with all due respect, Lloyd Evans criticizes both what the Bible ACTUALLY says and the JW interpretation of it. He has devoted separate videos to each and has even included extended discussions on verse-by-verse analysis without any reference to JW interpretation. He always includes citations/references to support his presentations.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Lloyd Evans is probably fine to watch if you are a faithless snowflake. If you are not, his constant neo-atheist attacks on God and the Bible quickly becomes old. I watched his video with Robert M Price. Although Robert does not believe, he is respectful towards faith and supports Trump. Lloyd despite his past is not.

• vienne
    vienne

Like Kim and M, Lloyd's videos are overly dramatic, focus on the irrelevant, sometimes wrong, and too long and repetitious. That said, he isn't as stupid as Mike, and much easier to watch. Neither set of videos is especially convincing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Some people seem to follow their preferred YouTube channels with a cultish mindset, and complaining about others. Whether it’s Lloyd or Kim and Mikey or various others.

These people provide information that anyone can watch for free. If you like it, watch it. If you don’t, don’t. If you don’t like long videos, just watch the short ones. What’s with all the complaining?

It’s ridiculous to expect that all of a YouTube channel’s views will exactly reflect the opinions of the viewer. And complaining that videos are too long is pointless. If someone has tied you up and forced you to watch a video longer than you want to, that’s a matter for the police. Otherwise, what’s the problem?

• zachias
    zachias

"I wish he would do 10 minute videos, to the point."-- Lloyd please take note.

I began to watch his report on the recent wt video and found myself saying.."get to the point!", and so i didnt finish watching it and the referring to others who had a laugh about this or that; killed it for me.

His videos follow the wt style of using 100 words where 20 would do.

Just my take.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘Once, I started watching this video on YouTube and I didn’t really like it so I stopped watching’.

Yeah, cool story.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

steve 2, I suppose if I can find time I ought to watch one or two of L.E's vids where he criticises the Bible itself. But just to clarify what I mean by "what the bible actually says" , I do not mean the mere words, but what the Writer was trying to convey, not what some people say the writer says.

Just as an example, it would be easy to say the Bible story of Sodom and Gomorrah shows the Bible is against gay people, is that what the Writer was on about ?

As I say, I need to watch the vids, to see how deep Evan's understanding is, and if he is justified or not. Certainly any criticism of the Bible as being the Word of God etc IS justified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit