If a JW becomes inactive is he then labeled as an apostate?

by Pallbearer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

If you are inactive and not on the elder's radar to investigate you, throw the depression and anxiety card. The Enstein-Barr Virus is also a good cover, it leaves you sooooo weak and it can last for years.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Is an inactive publisher labeled an apostate? No.

Is an inactive publisher treated like an apostate. Yes.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I actually stepped down, kick the book study out of my home and refused to even carry the mic. I did go witnessing, but only with my Bible. I eventually moved 50 miles away and despite the elders attempting to reach us, we just ignored them. We became inactive. We did run into Witnesses while visiting my in-Law and no one treated us like lepers.

Of course we left in the early 90s so who knows what "New Light" they may have come up with. To my knowledge we were never announced as disfellowshipped. My in-law would have definitely informed us. Not that it would have mattered to us. we stayed "in" because of her, but when she found out that we didn't believe in it anymore, she threw us out of the house.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

w81 9/15 p. 23 par. 16 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***

16 Persons who make themselves “not of our sort” by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshipped for wrongdoing."

They have a problem with this, as regarding those of us who have been out for a good few years, we have never accepted the "faith and beliefs" That Jehovah's Witnesses have today, so cannot "reject" them, unless someone tries to teach them to us !

I have only been out about 14 years, but never learned the Overlapping Generation tripe or anything since that. Despite this argument being sound, I am viewed by family and the Congregation as a dangerous Apostate and Opposer. Why ? because I have been vocal about what is wrong with JW beliefs, and VERY vocal about their Sexual Abuse , and Domestic Abuse scandals. I have NEVER said anything that is untrue, or factually inaccurate, but that matters not to them. They are Cultish Knobheads.

• Simon
    Simon

A lot depends on the local congregation and how connected and / or vocal the leaver is.

Many can just slink away and no questions are asked as long as they don't ruffle feathers.

How much family you still have in and how keen you are to help them leave are often 'causes for the elders to start trying to have you categorized as a "non person"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit