its saturday morning and its pouring down rain...

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Never to a meeting or service on either a rainy or snowy day. Guilt-free too!

The beauty of being onto the WTBTS's bull.

Long live the awakened ones!!!

DY

• Tallon
    Tallon

Service, what service?

Spent a lazy day at home. Slept in til about 11:00.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Some day I will go out preaching only every other Saturday, weather permitting; and never on a Sunday.

Same for meetings, every other one. Even social gatherings, we Hispanics have too freaking many of those. I would attend one once in a great while.

For now, only dreaming of sweet freedom can I keep calm.

Sincere congratulations to all those that have mustered the great courage it takes to walk away.

DY

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

I LOVE having free weekends, not having to get up slightly hungover get the kids ready and head out to try my best to find an excuse to leave early, now me and the mrs enjoy sat morning between the sheets ;-)

• steve2
    steve2

My hunch is even active JWs would be thinking, "Should I or shouldn't I go out today?....it's pouring."

Zeal just ain't what it used to be.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Active JWS are TIRED and ready to throw in the towel....

The 'Do Not Give Up' assembly title is due to the high level of exhaustion among most JWs right now.

DY

• Ding
    Ding

A CO once asked a JW friend of mine, "Even if this wasn't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

My friend thought, "Uh.... yeah!" but said nothing.

That little conversation came to his mind as he was leaving the borg.

• LV101
    LV101

Doubtfully -- Re/JWs tired ready to quit -- is this attitude more prevalent in the Hispanic congregations?

Outlaw -- Priceless but so sad for both!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I'm recuperating from traveling overseas to visit family (20 hours travel time to and from), so my lovely Saturday began with sipping a cup of coffee on the beach while Emma (stage left) ran around with her doggie friends and I chatted with their "mom". Followed by buckwheat blueberry pancakes with hubby.

I worked on a business advertising project a bit and conferred with my graphic designer. Then shopped summer clearance sales for my grandsons and went to the farmers' market with Emma while hubby taught sailing. Read some and checked Facebook, took a much needed nap, picked some flowers in my yard for my living room and booked an Airbnb room for next weekend's sail (sailing students are staying aboard overnight while we spend the night nearby in a beautiful small New England town).

Went out for a yummy warm soft pretzel and a drink with my neighbor. Then I accompanied her to her late husband's grave-- an assignment from her therapist, because she is still deeply grieving his loss.

Returned home, lit some candles, put up my feet and shared my baked macaroni and cheese not really a recipe with my son over the phone so he can make it for a picnic tomorrow.

It's all the simple things and connecting from the heart that the real life is made of. Enjoy it while It lasts and don't waste another Saturday in "field service" if you can at all help it-- 42 years of wasted Saturdays here. Just sayin'.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Well, you know....after years of feeling guilty because I wasn't doing enough in the ministry, guess what I did on Saturday morning?

I went on a zip wire ride! Had the best fun - ever.

I would not have even considered doing something like this a few months ago. Everyone said, why are you doing something so scary (actually, it wasn't scary at all) and I said that I've spent my whole life being frightened and it's my way of saying, hey, I'm not going to be frightened anymore. It was liberating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit