How ADDICTIVE is this site???

by ninecharger 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

When I came (in the mundane sense), over this board, it was thrilling to find others who had the same viewpoints, insights, and completely opposing shitty religious fairy tales.

After lurking and now, posting, I have to put a clock by my PC. No more than half an hour a night. (That is why I jump in sometimes, and get folks angry...)

• onacruse
    onacruse

9, hehe, you're a goner! LOL

I figure that for all the decades I spent addicted to the Borganization and tens of thousands of hours I spent in service, meetings, etc...I deserve to indulge myself here.

Craig (of the "has not one iota of guilt" class)

• shamus
    shamus

Way too addictive. I am the classic example....

Shamus.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Onacruse,

yeah, how many years. That's why I WILL NOT let my former WT addiction pull me to the PC night after night.

• gumby
    gumby

I only come here cuz my computor chair is the most comfortable chair in the house

Gumby

• onacruse
    onacruse

9:

That's why I WILL NOT let my former WT addiction pull me to the PC night after night.

On this more serious note, I agree. If a person finds that developing our new and improving life is adversely affected by spending to much time here (or elsewhere, for that matter), then indeed it is time to step back and re-evaluate. I've seen a number of folks here who have to almost literally pull themselves away, ask to be blocked, deleted, post a "goodbye" thread, etc. Very frequently they come back, and if they do, I take it as a measure of the value they get from participating here. imho, it's all part of the healing process.

I feel that as long as I can go to bed, with my wife, every night, and feel good about what I've learned and shared here each day, then I don't consider that to be an addiction. Or, at least, if that is an addiction, it's simply the addiction of living a healthy and satisfying life.

Craig

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I think several of the posters here are looking into starting a 12 step program for us addicts

If interested, sign the roster on your way out so we know how many to expect and when would be the best time to set up meetings.

j2bf

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Very addictive indeed, but healing too!
    Caballo Sentado

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Joy2:

You are SO right. My clock is sounding, so I gotta go - but for FM.ORG addicts, what would your twelve step programme involve?

I shall think about this and hopefuly post tomorrow...

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lolol,

you know I was joking!

This is the best therapy for people leaving the WTBTS. Very theraputic.

Remember though, you have to work through the stages of grieving when leaving a high control group.

Denial (WHAT, I'm not in a cult)

Anger (WHAT THE HELL DID THE GB THINK THEY WERE DOING????)

Bargaining (Well, I really want to get my family and friends out, then I'll get my head on straight. Surely, they know what I know by now)

Depression (Gawd, how could I waste my life with this magazine sellling business organization or whatever else you want to say, while beating yourself over the head)

Acceptance (Realizing what you were a part of and moving on with your life.)

Everyone is in various stages of leaving. It is when we get stuck in one stage too long that we should seek professional help. Give yourself time to heal.

Hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit