My Bthel Experince Part 19 The Last Chapter..(really) Bethel Overseers

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy
    I didn't know Bob that well. Set on his table for a few months. I just thought he might give me a straight answer. He was one of the few people who I thought were real. But really anyone there in a position would sooner or later start buying into the programing BS.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

New Boy i am sure there is more to say. Once you start its a real therapy to let go what's on your mind. Whilst you serve them up, we will enjoy them.

I love to read them all.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Richard Wheelock was instrumental in promoting me to a higher responsibility in my department. The outrage that it caused. The argument was, I hadn't been there long enough. There was so much jealousy masked as a pseudo concern for Bethel procedure.

I was called a BA (bad attitude), SR (self righteous), and front runner. Praise? Not at Bethel.

One last thought, there was a production myth in the department that seemed unachievable. They hated me for blowing their myths away every day without much effort. They were doing things wrong and didn't even know it. So much for Bethel tradition.

• new boy
    new boy

Wheres caleb

Don't know your "code talk" but how can you me and SR and a BA at the same time? Not possible. I'm thinking like you were the front runner of BS.

NB

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

stan livedeath '...thank god i never went to bethell lol...'

Me too. Thank God I never went to Bethel either.

Thank God.

THANK-YOU GOD !!!

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire
    Damn it new boy! This one really can't be your last, can it? Have you been to Brooklyn lately? I'd be interested to know what Brooklyn was like in the 70's compared to today. Bet there were more mom and pop restaurants and shops. Anything you miss about the area in general?
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Great series. I got called to the home overseers office once with my roommate and got yelled at for hiding dishes in our mini fridge and elsewhere and our stereo wires being messy. Right in the middle of the work day. How stupid.
  • A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Thank you for sharing your stories. They were great to read and I always looked forward to reading the next one.

What I am wondering is if 1975 had any impact or mention of inside bethel or was this more on the congregation level?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thanks for the memories really enjoyable stuff!What I would like to know is how it compares to things NOW, anyone know a current bethelite? Any ideas new boy??
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Bethel sounds like the earth like incarnation of ''HELL''. Sounds terrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit