Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wonder how many ice cream cones that comes to...

• flipper
    flipper

In my opinion I feel the penalties need to be stiffer against the WT Society so they REALLY feel the $$$ pinch in their bank accounts.

Dropoffyourkeylee asked, " I wonder how any lawyer representing the JW's can now stomach it . " Pretty easily. JW lawyers are mind controlled JW's themselves mostly. WT uses their own JW attorneys who are as mind controlled as they are. AND- Probably into greedily extorting money from the flock as WT leaders are also.

Some ask here, " Why would WT not cooperate and hand over this information. " Another easy answer- because it will open Pandora's box and ALL kinds of information concerning the database files with names of over 20,000 JW pedophiles whom the WT leaders KNEW were pedophiles all these years- yet some of them WERE appointed as elders even after committing felony child abuse crimes. This would make WT leaders criminally liable. AND if names of governing body members are on that list - once again it would make them even more criminally liable for allowing this to continue.

So for WT leaders - it's a no-brainer as to why they'd rather pay out $ 4,000 per day than to be exposed in the National or worldwide media and the public finding out that WT leaders were actually physically involved in child rape and abuse. Or that there are actual NAMES of WT higher ups that might get printed in National or worldwide media who raped children. THAT would be big news. And cost the WT Society many followers and $$$$$ . I think the Titanic WT Society is just starting to drive it's ship into the iceberg. We haven't seen the last of this situation. It's about time

• Zoos
    Zoos

What kind of teeth does this San Diego court have to MAKE Watchtower pay the bill?

If it doesn't have the authority to MAKE Watchtower hand over the document (well, it hasn't been able to thus far),.... what would be the next step for this court?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "In my opinion I feel the penalties need to be stiffer against the WT Society so they REALLY feel the $$$ pinch in their bank accounts..."

Patience, my friend. All the T's need to be crossed and the I's dotted.

Hey, remember back when I suggested that the justice system could "make an example of" the WTS for the benefit of the public (regarding institutionalized child abuse)?

I swear, I'm starting to think the Org might actually be setting themselves up for that. :smirk:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1.5 million is not a lot of money??

$4,000.00 per day fine for non-disclosure of Pedo letters.

30 days: $120,000
    180 days: $720,000
    365 days: $1,460,000

Average income of lower/middle class: $30,000

$1,460,000 would provide food, clothing, shelter for 50 (48.6) families for one year.

DD
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Someone said that's only 1.5mil a year. I don't think the beauty of this is in the amount. Its their willingness to throw away donated funds of any amount to cover their ass. Its the implications. I think they are delaying until they move more property because the flood gates will open with one lost case delay delay delay

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    “The court sets a status conference for July 22, 2016 to hear from the parties whether the monetary sanctions have been effective.”

So, if this doesn't work they'll up the ante...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    zoos: What kind of teeth does this San Diego court have to MAKE Watchtower pay the bill?
    If it doesn't have the authority to MAKE Watchtower hand over the document (well, it hasn't been able to thus far),.... what would be the next step for this court?

I don't know how it works in the San Diego court system...but in my country it is a simple matter for a court to make a judgement against someone who owes money. Once the judgement has been made, bank accounts and property can be seized to settle the debt.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

The judge might say "That's it! I am going to fine you $1 million a day."

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    What kind of teeth does this San Diego court have to MAKE Watchtower pay the bill?

In most civilized countries the courts will first ask parties to comply, then they'll start with monetary punishment...and finally they might take uncooperating parties 'hostage' in jail until they comply....so Watchtower Inc. officials might even end up there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit