Impressions of the Governing Body; who's smart, who ain't?

by Room 215 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Based on what we've seen, it seems to me that of the seven, Splane and Jackson are the smartest; Herd, Lett and Morris the least intelligent; and Sanderson and Losch somewhere in the middle.

What's your impression?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    from what I've seen I'd agree, god knows how Lett ever became a GB member, Splane seems a decent speaker.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If they believe thier own G.O.D delusion then they don't share a brain cell between them.

TOMO3 is an ignorant bigotted bully. Intelligence not required.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". -Isaac Asimov

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Looking from an perspective that none are truly highly educated intellectuals who don't hold themselves into intellectual honesty, using the word smart becomes inappropriately subjective.

One could say they are smart in deception but reflectively they've had years of training and self indoctrination to do and be just exactly that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wouldnt buy a used car off any of them
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

To quote Anthony Morris, (from a well quoted talk he once delivered)

"We are the Thinkingest people on the planet"

• freddo
    freddo

What is the main qualification to be on the GB?

That you won't rock the boat.

So they choose people who have followed what they say without hiccup for many years.

Like all bodies of elders there are the alphas and the betas. As long as you don't have two alphas fighting each other then they just choose yes men into the group.

From what I see they all like relative power and they all toed the line to the man above them in the pecking order. You don't get to D.O. or branch committee member without that.

But most of all they had to take the wine and crackers without raising suspicion.

• Heaven
    Heaven

stuck said: To quote Anthony Morris, (from a well quoted talk he once delivered)

"We are the Thinkingest people on the planet"

Uh huh. I highly doubt they'll be coming up with a cure for AIDS, cancer, or ebola any time soon.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Stephen Lett, in his talk justifying 1914 as the year of the "establishment" of the kingdom in heaven: "There is more evidence confirming the existence of the Kingdom than the evidence that would convince us that there’s gravity, electricity, wind."

I would put Stephen Lett at the very bottom of the GB pile

• millie210
    millie210

Good question.

I think to measure actual intelligence quotient, you would have to see who they were when they were very small - as in young - in character they are still small.

The reason I say that is because unfortunately, there is a big difference in being intelligent and using that for good.

Add to that, the fact that their indoctrination has been plowed deeply in to their consciousness by the constant reinforcement that they are a little earthly representation of God and there you have it. That is what we see before us.

So who could know which of them could be (is) synapsing at a more appreciable rate than the measurable average?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit