What are your personal reasons for hating the Jehovah's Witnesses religion ?

by Rocketman123 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

Hating uses up a lot of energy. It's not possible to exercise common sense when feeling so much emotion.

• JESUSnameALONE
    JESUSnameALONE

These are the reasons I hate the doctrines of JWs.

JWs refuse to accept Acts 4:12 that the only name given under heaven by which mankind must be saved refers to Jesus name alone. They insist its Jehovah plus Jesus.

JWs insist that Jehovah is the name of the father and refuse to accept that Jesus is the only name used in baptism Acts 2:38 by the apostles. Even as he commanded his disciples Matthew 28:19 baptize them in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit. Ergo, since Jehovah is not used by any of the apostles in baptism it is not the name of the Father.

JWs refuse to accept PHilippians 2:9 that Jesus is the name above all names, therefore Jehovah is an inferior name or below the name of Jesus.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROCKETMAN123:

As I have said before: there are so many reasons as far as I am concerned.

I was lured in under false pretenses. I was interested in end-time prophecy and was led to believe the JWs had the ‘real’ answers. I was also told that everybody was ‘equal’ there! 🙄 Not true! Instead I had a bunch of people who tried to control me and to get me to give up family, friends and full-time job.

They thought they were going to turn me into a mindless drudge doing favors for Users and jealous idiots. They hated independent or self-sufficient women and thought they were going to ‘abase’ me. But I wasn’t stupid enough to let this happen.

I was raised Catholic and knew that I lived in a free Western civilization and certainly wasn’t going to go along with mentally crippling attitudes from ages past and play this game of pretend to appease people acting out a fantasy role!

I am so glad I was a ‘bad’ JW and resisted all their attempts. I am Retired now grateful I finally walked away from all this.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Jesusnamealone, very keen observation. Jesus is the highest name and ultimately the Father's name John 5:43.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

If anything, I would say I hate the religion for at least having a significant part in numerous people not getting treated for mental issues.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Too much control, not allowed to get an education or take on a high paying job just doesn't make any sense to me. Then on top off that give us your money for the world wide work, right ? WTF. Such a self serving group.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

Hate is not the right word but I very much dislike their self-righteous arrogance, their mean spiritedness, their condescending contempt for the vast majority of the people in the Organization and their perpetual dishonesty.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

JESUSnameALONE, since you say that Jehovah is not the name of the father, who do you say YHWH/Yahweh/Jehovah Elohim/God is?

Folks, regarding the claim that the JW religion does not allow JWs to go to college is it really true? I know that the religion highly discourages JWs to attend college but I don't recall their literature forbidding attending college. My mom has been a baptized JW ever since a number of years prior to her marriage to my father (who was a JW when he got married and he was still one when he died). My mother attended college (but as far as I know my JW father never attended college) and didn't stop attending college until my sister was born. My sister and I became baptized while we were in high school and we both went to college upon graduating from high school (I even took two college courses before graduating from high school and one of those two courses was at my high school). We both got a full 4-year college/university degree (though neither or us managed to obtain much financial benefit from our degree). At age 19 and while in college full-time I was appointed a ministerial servant and I served as one for several years. If the WT now actually forbids JWs to get a college degree or to even attend college then I am shocked. If the WT actually now forbids it that is very bad and very sad.

My mom and others in the congregation we attended even used me as an example to other JWs in our congregation to show that going to college won't necessarily cause a JW to loose his faith and/or go bad. My mom highly values college education. She even sent college enrollment applications in my name (and for some time without my knowledge) to big name colleges across the nation, because she wanted me to go to the best college possible. Many years later I did loose my belief in the religion and later even in the god and the supernatural (but I didn't go bad morally or ethically, though JWs might think I went bad in regards to ceasing to be a JW), but it was not due to anything I learned or experienced as a college student (except maybe a tiny bit of what was taught to me in college). While in college I lived my in mom's home, rather than in a college dorm and I still participated in the congregation which I attended since around age 2 or so. While in college I avoided taking classes of the type which I thought would likely challenge my confidence in the Bible, but I now regret not taking those classes (physical anthropology, physical geology [since it would present evidence in favor of radiometric dating], historical geology [since it would present evidence for radiometric dating, including carbon dating, and fossil evidence for evolution], introduction to philosophy [where arguments against the existence of a god would likely be discussed], philosophy of religion, introductory biology [since it would present evidence and arguments for evolution], and an English course in the Bible as literature [since it might suggest that much of what is in the Bible never actually happened]).

• just fine
    just fine

I don’t hate it. My family chooses to have that stupid religion take over their lives. THAT I hate. Nobody is making them do anything, they could choose differently, but they do not.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

During the past few years I purchased used college textbooks in each of the subjects mentioned above which I avoided taking a college course in. I'm glad I now own such books and I have learned much from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit