The Presiding Overseer Called Me This Afternoon!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

OFC, the CO already came by a month ago. The ONLY thing they know is that I've almost totally stopped going to meetings. A few elders seemed to gear their talks toward those that were regular meeting attenders and then just seemed to let the world or materialism get to them when I did show up for a meeting. I know these guys and know they were trying to "counsel me from the platform",

• acsot
    acsot

Hey Min!

So they got to wondering where you've been. Wow, what a privilege !

Good luck on the dodging!

• minimus
    minimus

.......You know, I was looking at this thread from 2003 and the elders have never called me since then. With the exception of an elder friend that I had that used to call me, that phone call was the last! Pretty good, huh?

• JH
    JH

What's your JW status?

• minimus
    minimus

Faded, inactive.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Howdy Minimus-

So much for roaming the mountains and hillsides for one lost sheep. So much for heaven being joyous and the angels singing when one returns. So much for the tender compassion and brotherly affection. Actions always speak louder than words. Hey by the way, do you remember Danny Gjicka, was thinking about that beast the other day?

• minimus
    minimus

I haven't seen him in years! He was a character.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I was looking at this thread from 2003 and the elders have never called me since then.

That's about how long it's been for me, too. I'm as surprised (and pleased) as you are.

• minimus
    minimus

I'd rather they forget me 100%.

• JH
    JH
    Faded, inactive.

Same here Minimus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit