The Presiding Overseer Called Me This Afternoon!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Didn't you just recently remark on another thread that you hadn't heard anything from the congregation and you wondered if/when they would come looking for you (or something to that effect)?

Maybe he's been reading this board.

• JH
    JH

That visit from the PO is one step closer for you posting your picture here, right?

• minimus
    minimus

JH, you've got my picture on your avatar.

• JH
    JH

Yea, I guess that will be the look on your face when they'll tell you that you can't clean the toilets anymore.

But seriously, once the elders have you on their radar screen, I think they can be a pain in the a**. I guess you will have a harder time to wiggle yourself out of their grasp now that they are paying attention to your case.

• Swan
    Swan
    Yea, I guess that will be the look on your face when they'll tell you that you can't clean the toilets anymore.

Perhaps that is why he wanted to know if you or your wife were going to the meeting this evening. Maybe they are going to make the announcement that due to inactivity Minimus is no longer allowed the priviledge of cleaning the KH toilets!

Tammy

• rocketman
    rocketman

Ah yes, the 'ol "hello stranger" routine.

I personally tried never to say that to anyone when I was an elder, because I knew how irritating that sounds when I heard it in previous years. It puts a person on immediate defensive mode and induces guilt. I hated that expression.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

So, is your wife going to the meeting? She probably feels pretty honored to have the P.O. call on you.

I really feel for both of you - this must be so difficult. I hope she's okay, and that this wasn't to traumatic for her. I can only imagine with her now "wondering", it still must be hard on her when you don't bend on the P.O.'s demand. encouragement.

Hang tough minimus - you're doing really well!

• minimus
    minimus

My wife went to the meeting tonight while I brought dinner to my sick mother. When she came home all she did was complain about the meeting. Good.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    all she did was complain about the meeting

So many do. Makes you wonder why they bother. For many, it's all show; for some, it's various pressures.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Perhaps the Circuit Overseer is coming for his 6th month visit. The reason they neglected to do this previously was they were not to sure as to your complete stance with the Org. I am just guessing this. However someone else mentioned the elders are heeding something they were taught at the summer convention. YOU KNOW MORE BRAIN WASHING.

I surely wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

love ya:

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit