Urgent Message from American Atheists regarding the need to get the Covid-19 vaccine!

by Disillusioned JW 20 Replies latest social current

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The following is an urgent email message (except I deleted mention of my name and links which might include information about me,) I received from American Atheists regarding the need to get the covid-19 vaccine.

"

For months, we've thought that vaccine rates have been incredibly strong among our community.

For example, a Pew poll in March found that 90% of atheist respondents indicated they'd already received the first vaccine dose or would "definitely" or "probably" seek the shot.

In stark contrast, anti-vaxxer pastors are often making headlines for their anti-science antics. Just days ago, pastor Greg Locke screamed at his congregation, "I am telling you right now! Do not get vaccinated! Do not get vaccinated!" Wade Morris, a well-known Baptist youth pastor who kept his church open during the pandemic, recently died of COVID-19, but some of his followers think that's a good thing. "I was very happy for him because...he's with Jesus now," said one.

While the loudest, headline-stealing voices are often evangelical Christians, this noise hides the complexity of the situation and some conflicting data we're seeing.

This week, data scientist Ryan Burge published a story that calls into question just how high vaccine rates are among nonreligious Americans.

According to a May 11 survey, a larger percentage of young Catholics and evangelicals have gotten vaccinated than young nonreligious Americans:

This is all the more worrisome because our community prides itself on listening to the best science available. And, according to the CDC, the vaccines are all incredibly safe and effective.

With our country in a fourth COVID-19 surge, now is the time to get vaccinated—and to do our part to dispel misinformation.

According to surveys, one segment of Americans—especially evangelical Christians—are adamant in their refusal. However, there is a second group of people—including young secular Americans—who are reluctant but could be persuaded.

If you haven't already, please speak to your friends and family about the importance of vaccination. You can help make the difference between life and death and help end this pandemic.

If you need resources or to find where to get a COVID-19 vaccine, please visit Vaccines.gov.

We're looking forward to seeing you and so many of our members at our national conference in Atlanta in the spring of 2022, but that can only happen if we come together, get vaccinated, and beat this pandemic once and for all.

Sincerely,

Nick Fish
    President

"

Here is are modified links for some of the news sources listed above.

https://religionunplugged.com/news/2021/8/3/the-young-and-secular-are-least-vaccinated-not-evangelicals

https://nypost.com/2021/03/09/atheists-are-more-likely-to-get-vaccinated-survey/

https://www.news9.com/story/610a0b765e936a0c51b18408/falls-creek-guest-preacher-wade-morris-dies-after-contracting-covid19

https://www.vaccines.gov/

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The Covid virus is doesn't care what religious beliefs you have if any, it will get you either way and maybe even kill you if your biology if right.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to a May 11 survey, a larger percentage of young Catholics and evangelicals have gotten vaccinated than young nonreligious Americans:

This kind of undercuts the notion that only rabid right wing religious nut jobs are to blame. Perhaps it has more to do with the insane messaging from the governments that want to maintain control by unscientific lockdowns and mask mandates.

As long as COVID is around, there is a crisis, and that allows you to implement martial law, it allows you to ignore Supreme Court decisions, allows you to suppress all protest, it gives some obscure, unknown and unelected bureaucrats like Fauci space on Time magazine front pages and power to implement unconstitutional immigration law, unconstitutional takings from landlords, unconstitutional takings from tax payers. And this is happening across the world, the EU is very unhappy that the UK is opening up, Australia is locking down with zero evidence, and DeBlasio wants to resegregate the city by race.

If there were a message that if the vaccines are successful, the crisis is overcome, there would be no more appetite to oppression.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I am now wondering if I should have avoided taking the Covid-19 vaccine (Moderna's mRNA style vaccine). That is because I have noticed a number of damaged looking blood vessels in my legs. This is damage that I never saw prior to taking the vaccine and thus I now wonder if the vaccine was a contributing factor (though not the only factor, since I know some other things I did made it difficult for my legs).

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Disillusioned JW,

All I am aware of is that there is a minimal risk of blood clotting associated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine, 1 in 1 million.

In Australia we have seen about 4 in one million however not all fatal. The medicos rekon the benefits far outweigh the risks involved. If you have concerns, we are advised to see a health professional.

I will try to find the data I read to back up the information above.

jtg

Edit to add; Here is the latest info, seems the numbers have changed.

newsGP > Clinical
    e1f95d90-243a-4530-814d-77523cdda149

Matt Woodley

12 Aug 2021 News

Eleven blood clot cases linked to AstraZeneca in past week

There were no deaths associated with the vaccine, but six thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome cases remain in hospital.

Boxes of AstraZeneca More than 48,000 adverse events have been reported from the approximately 13.7 million vaccine doses administered in Australia. (Image: AAP)
    The latest figures, contained in the Therapeutic Goods Administration’s (TGA) COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report, bring Australia’s total number of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) cases linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine to 104 (59 confirmed, 45 probable) from 7.4 million doses.

Ten of the cases recorded between 2–8 August were people aged 60 years or older, while five of the new probable TTS cases may be related to the second vaccine dose.

‘These cases remain under investigation and will be considered by an external panel of experts in the coming week to determine whether they are related to vaccination or not,’ the TGA report states.

‘All of the cases were in older people who presented with relatively mild symptoms, including common clots in the lungs or leg that are not uncommon with advancing age.

‘All patients have been discharged from hospital.’

The TGA’s latest report was released on the same day as a new UK study that found blood clots occurred in around one in 50,000 people aged under 50 who received the AstraZeneca vaccine during that country’s rollout.

Dr Sue Pavord, a consultant haematologist at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the lead author of the research, said the ‘very rare’ condition is particularly dangerous when the patient has a low platelet count and bleeding in the brain.

Half of the cases detailed in the analysis had no previous medical illness, and there appears to be no particular individual risk factors for the syndrome, Beverley Hunt, medical director of Thrombosis UK and professor of thrombosis and haemostasis at King’s College London, said.

Nearly one quarter (23%) of the cases contained in the UK study died, and the risk of death increased to 73% in patients with a very low platelet count and brain bleeds after blood clots in the brain.

In Australia, severe cases of TTS appear to be more common in women in younger age group. Nearly half of the TTS cases in women required treatment in intensive care, while serious Tier 1 cases were also twice as likely to occur in women compared to men.

However, Australia’s current TTS case fatality rate of 5.75% (six deaths from 104 probable or confirmed cases) appears to be much lower than that recorded in the UK study.

Aside from TTS, there were five reports of suspected immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) over the seven days covered by the TGA report, none of which were fatal.

Meanwhile, 38 additional cases of myocarditis and pericarditis associated with Pfizer were identified, bringing the total to 149 out of 6.3 million overall doses.

The most frequently reported side effects likely associated with both vaccines reportedly reflect what was seen in the clinical trials and include injection-site reactions such as a sore arm and more general symptoms like headache, muscle pain, fever and chills.

The TGA accepted an additional 2075 adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) in the week of 2–8 August, bringing the total to 48,143 from approximately 13.7 million vaccine doses administered in Australia. The observed number of deaths reported after vaccination so far remains less than the expected number of deaths that would occur naturally, or from other causes, for that proportion of the population.

The regulator also monitors uncommon side effects, and recently completed a detailed investigation of reports of swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy) following immunisation.

Since the beginning of Australia’s vaccine rollout, the TGA has received more reports of enlarged lymph nodes after Pfizer than AstraZeneca – approximately 17 reports per 100,000 doses and six reports per 100,000 doses, respectively.

The majority of these reports were in younger people – most likely reflecting the higher use of Pfizer in these age groups – and occurred within a few days of vaccination before resolving themselves without treatment.

‘Common areas where enlarged lymph nodes might be noticed are in the neck, armpits and groin,’ the TGA report states.

‘Nothing unexpected was found [during the investigation] but we continue to monitor this side effect as part of our routine monitoring activities.’

The TGA report also stated that swollen lymph nodes could be linked to claims in the media that increasing breast size is a possible short-term effect of the Pfizer vaccine, as swollen lymph nodes under the arms which may give the impression of increased breast size.

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently African Americans have one of the lowest rates of vaccination, but they are not castigated by the media like conservatives are (who are demonized as being anti-vaxxers, even though there is little proof they are - what they object to is any mandate).

Also interesting is the fact that 85-90% of COVID victims are OBESE, yet that is never mentioned in the sorry excuse for the news media.

Put these things together and you have African Americans, who have some of the worse rates of obesity being less inclined to be vaccinated and their obesity then makes them more likely to be a serious case.

Of course the media will do everything they can to paint it as a conservative issue - it's got "the left" written all over it.

Oh, and lets not forget Obama setting the example of the elites - flying in on their private jets (climate change hypocrisy: check) partying unmasked (and I wonder how many of them are unvaccinated) which has now led to a surge of cases in Martha's Vineyard.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The vaccine I had was Moderna's 2-dose mRNA style vaccine (several minutes ago I updated my prior post to mention it); I chose that one because I thought it was the safest Covid-19 vaccine. For more info, see my post at https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4686320411607040/have-you-been-vaccinated-have-you-had-any-side-effects?page=4#/5113585503043584 . On August 14, 2021 there will be a free health fair in my community, which will include physicals and blood pressure and glucose screenings. I will ask the doctor there (I'm hoping there will be a doctor and not merely a nurse) about my condition, as well as receive a physical, a blood pressure screening, and a blood glucose screening. I don't currently have a doctor, since my prior one (who worked at an urgent care center, with nearly all of the medics at the center being nurses) retired and I have not yet chosen another doctor. I want my future doctor to be at a regular doctor's office/clinic.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Ok, I see the post. Yes I'm biding my time and will, later in the year, be going for the Pfizer mrna vaccine, It's similar to the Moderna mrna.

jtg

• Me.Wonderful
    Me.Wonderful

Ironically the most vaccinated group in the US is the Jewish American and also the most educated. Gee, I wonder if there is some kind of connection.

The whole making reference to the holocaust and how Jews were treated in WW2 when discussing vaccine passports and restrictions must be super insulting.

• Disillusioned JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit