"Never stop your enemy when he's making a mistake" - Napoleon

by JeffT 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When I left about twenty minutes later they were still talking to each other and ignoring all the potential converts walking past them.

I think this is the the cart witnessing version of "the Pioneer Shuffle", going through the motions with as little effort as will be tolerated.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I know of JWS going out in service for 20 years or more and never have one bible study.

why ?

Because they didn’t want one, they just went out in service to show face and release some guilt.

There is a lot of pretentiousness within the JWS persona.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know a few Dubs who would always tell me over the years on how much they hated going in service. There probably are PIMO's all over the place and just itching to come out of the woodwork.

• Dubfounded
    Dubfounded

As I have said before. The belief is that by just being seen by people they are witnessing.

And of course there is always the exaggerated experiences.

All proof that the cart witnessing works!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most people ignore this kind of Marketing, I know I do, because the people standing by the cart or Stand or whatever want to sell you something, and you will only get their version of how their product is the best, and why you should have (buy) it.

I wonder how many people passing by think that the J.W's are selling Double Glazing or Solar Panels or something ?

Long may they continue with this pointless and therefore mainly harmless exercise in time wasting, it will only speed the demise of a moribund Business posing as a religion.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Maybe theycould give out little food sample like cheese and crackers to get people to stop. Lol

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My granddaughter came home this weekend, said she saw a JW cart as she was walking through the student union building at uni. A young woman sat near the cart looking at her phone.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I remember my mom taking me to stand on the corners in San Pedro with that canvass bag holding the magazines around her neck. She spoke to all who dared to make eye contact. This "cart" is the beginning of the end. What the borg is loosing is the ability to motivate people to really preach. The rank and file do not study like in the past, they don't have the exposure to the mind set by the former 5 meetings/week. I don't believe they have the ability, training, knowledge or motivation to preach like in the past. Just a public exposure to keep their tax free statis until they roll up the carpets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit