"Never stop your enemy when he's making a mistake" - Napoleon

by JeffT 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• JeffT
    JeffT

So yesterday when I went to the library there were three older gentlemen in suits standing around the front door. I spotted the stand with the magazines a second or two later. They were talking among themselves, totally ignoring everybody walking past them.

As I walked by, I thought of saying "you know, if field service had been this easy when I was a Jehovah's Witness I might still be one." But I decided not to. They apparently derive something from doing what they were doing, and as long as they are being totally ineffective they aren't hurting anybody. I didn't want my words to goad them into some kind of actual activity.

When I left about twenty minutes later they were still talking to each other and ignoring all the potential converts walking past them. I don't know any of them can think this is fullfillment of Jesus comments about preaching. I think the WTBS is in the middle of a long slow death.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

JeffT, I see the value in that approach. You know you, sounds like you made the right decision in the moment.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I didn't want my words to goad them into some kind of actual activity.

Haha. . . This is great.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Cart Witnessing equals easy hours, dont have to get intimidated by walking into people's yards and homes and get demeaned and chastised in the process.

It is for that reason Cart Witnessing by the JWS will stay.

.......and there is always a coffee shop nearby.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Apparently even Noah found it much easier to stand with his cart just outside the ark door entrance. 'Life saving work' my ass!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its life saving in the way the JWS get an easy way to relieve themselves of guilt and pressure for going out in service.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Maybe you saw Matthew Jefferson, the new poster there too. He apparently goes to the library past some witnesses all the time.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if i saw a bunch like that--i'd be tempted to ask them where the nearest kingdom hall is.

• zeb
    zeb

Jeff T. 'a long slow death.'

I am inclined to agree. Give it some time and they might start hammering for a more direct form of witnessing as in times past and the newer generation will say '..sod off.'

I wonder if the US marines would like an additional base in Warwick NY?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The problem that the watchtower have with the carts is that if the general public (office workers possibly) go past the carts a lot going to work or shopping or on their lunch break then they might get really anoyed by jws trying to have contact with them on a daily basis.BUT another reason why i think the watchtower will keep the carts going is that unless people have contact with the rank and file they are not giving any magazines or books away and so not costing watchtower any money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit