Proof the GB changes scriptures in the Bible...really interesting

by MrsR-Awaken 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken

Hello everyone, this info below me is not mine it's from a user in reddit that posted it. His user name is Question_and_answer1 I was hoping he was in this forum too but I don't know if he is. Anyway the credit goes to him for researching this and it's really interesting what he found and I want everyone here to read, and it's proof of how fake the Watchtower is and how disgusting the GB really is...it's sickening. Read below

Giving Loyal Support
    As prophesied by Isaiah, how do the other sheep walk behind the anointed slave class and serve as “unpaid laborers”?
    14 The humble submission of the other sheep to the anointed members of spiritual Israel was foretold in the prophecy of Isaiah: “This is what Jehovah has said: ‘The unpaid laborers of Egypt and the merchants of Ethiopia and the Sabeans, tall men, will themselves come over even to you, and yours they will become. Behind you they will walk; in fetters they will come over, and to you they will bow down. To you they will pray, saying, “Indeed God is in union with you, and there is no one else; there is no other God.”’” (Isaiah 45:14) Symbolically, the other sheep today walk behind the anointed slave class and its Governing Body, following their leadership. As “unpaid laborers,” the other sheep willingly expend their physical strength and their resources in support of the worldwide preaching work that Christ assigned to his anointed followers on earth.—Acts 1:8; Revelation 12:17.

Link

Interestingly, the revised NWT changed this scripture. Isaiah 45:14
    14 This is what Jehovah says: “The profit* of Egypt and the merchandise* of E·thi·oʹpi·a and the Sa·beʹans, tall of stature, Will come over to you and become yours. They will walk behind you in chains. They will come over and bow down to you.+ To you they will say in prayer, ‘Surely God is with you,+ And there is no one else; there is no other God.’”
    Footnotes: Or possibly, “laborers.” Or possibly, “merchants.”
    Changed from "unpaid laborers"(in other words, slaves) to "profit*" "possibly, laborers."

• macys
    macys

Wow great find! I am going to present this to my bible teacher and see what she says.

Edit thanks for the highlight in green!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't see what the fuss is about on this one, but maybe I'm missing something. They didn't really change the meaning of the scripture much, they just sorta invalidated their previous "old light" interpretation. Since the old interpretation relied on types/antitypes and referred to the anointed slave class, it's completely full of "old light."

For my money, their addition of the word "public" at romans 10:10 ("For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.") is much stronger evidence of their changing the scriptures to match the doctrine.

• macys
    macys
    Thank you oneeyedjoe for this info. I never was really an avid student of the JDub cult but I am sure that many who studied in great detail know the real truth. Romans 10:10 is a new one to me! Thank you again. Another for my list to ask my bible teacher.
  • MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken
    I didn't even know that one OneEyedJoe thanks aswell!! Going to put all this info in a study journal.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That scripture really shows the mindset of the GB. They are so delusional that they chose that scripture to apply to themselves. If those ass-hats believe that I'm going to pray to them or thank GOD for them, they are insane. Let's face it, they are insane.

Also, since when was "Egypt" ever used as something good in the Bible? The loyal JW sheeple ( poor bastards ) are compared to Egypt? Wasn't Egypt traditionally used as a Satanic example of false religion?

This is another example of how bat-shit crazy cults can use ancient texts to prey upon the ignorant masses.

DD

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Here's a quick write up on 10:10 I did. This is not my perception it is just what the bible says. I don't see how a reasonable person would see it much differently. There is a real problem with 10:10 when you consider 1 John 9.

Romans 10:10 Translation of homologeitai

In Romans 10:10 this Koine Greek word homologeitai is almost exclusively translated as “confess” or more specifically “in confess” as if to say you should do so. However in the New World Translation this is changed to “public declaration”. At the time the religious leaders were denying Jesus. Hence these scriptures were pertaining to the point that yes “this is the Messiah”. Confessing that it was in fact the son of man. This is in contrast to the NWT Translation in that it seems to infer that the Jews of the time need to be concerned more about telling others about Jesus before they, unlike the Pharisees of the time, actually accepted him as Christ. Essentially preaching before they accepted Christ themselves.

This is not to say that preaching isn’t important but rather that in this particular text the application or change in meaning doesn’t seem consistent.

For reference this is vs. 9:

ESV:

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NWT:

9 For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord,+

and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

Now vs 10.

ESV:

10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

NWT:

10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration+ for salvation.

In Verse 10 again homologeitai is properly translated as “in confess” yet the NWT translates it as “public declaration”.

NWT Translates as “confess” in other versus:

Consider 1 John 9, again the same root word homologōmen here.

ESV:

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

NWT:

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.+

Why doesn’t verse 9 of 1 John read “In we publicly declare our sins” from door to door?

Sound council was given in Revelation 22:18,19. I think this is a good indication of why this should be strictly heeded. Without it you have a leaking pipe in which each hole you plug results in another sprouting up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "...They are so delusional that they chose that scripture to apply to themselves..."

Like I keep saying, that's an easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

x

Know what would be really funny?

If a bunch of XJWs got together and rewrote the Bible to be so over-the-top and heavy-handedly WT-centric that it bordered on parody. :smirk:

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @Vidiot umm I think we already have that....lol
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

* snort *

I'm talking about describing Adam and Eve as "the first JWs" and their expulsion from Eden as being "disfellowshipped", portraying Noah and his family going door-to-door warning his neighbors about the impending Flood, rewriting Jesus' Sermon on the Mount as a lecture on the WT's version of the Ransom Sacrifice, rewording the blood abstention passages as specifically forbidding transfusions, and explicitly referring to the First-Century Christian Elders in Jerusalem as "the Governing Body"...

...that kind of thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit