What Was The Nicest / Worst Thing That's Happened To You as a JW?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, (at the time), being appointed at the age of 24 was my biggest happiness.....The worst thing was leaving my first congregation because certain people wanted me out.......Were there any particular highs and lows that you will never forget about being a Witness?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think it'd be easier to identify the worst, than the nicest!

The worst? Whilst at Bethel, realising that the Watchtower bound volumes carried as much authority, if not more, than the Bible.

The nicest? As above, for it caused us to see the truth about "the Troof".

Cheers, Ozzie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

NICEST: The day I met Big Tex.

WORST: Each meeting during the last year I attended. It was depressing and discouraging and a total waste of time and energy.

Nina

• JH
    JH

At first the nicest thing that happened to me was that I found the truth and joined the JW organization.

Then a few years after the nicest thing that happened to me was that I found the truth and quit the JW organization.

• minimus
    minimus

JH, I must say that I like your new pic. I never knew you wore glasses.

• JH
    JH

That's me. How do you like my new look? Now you can match the crazy comments I make with the crazy picture.

• minimus
    minimus

Get a really good picture, will you? You know something that is JH.......

• Odrade
    Odrade

nicest? well, there were several nice things. One springs to mind: The moving out party some sisters had for me when I left home for my first apartment. I got beautiful towels, kitchen stuff. Bags of food staples, cute decoratey stuff. It was so unexpected, and better than a bridal shower. I love those sisters still.

worst? when one of my best friends got drove out by all the disapproving Bastards, even though she hadn't yet done anything "wrong," she was just different. Later she was disfellowshipped. She respected the shunning, and never contacted me again. But I found her now! Yay! I just get so mad at all the years we lost.

another worst? all of the bad decisions I made in rebellion over my parents disapproval--as in, "you're not doing enough for Jehovah." Translation: you're bad. I felt like "I'm bad already and haven't even done anything wrong. Okay, I'll show you bad..." I was very lucky more of those bad decisions didn't come back to roost years later.

• minimus
    minimus

There's NOTHING worse than dealing with people that believe they are better than you.

• integ
    integ
    even though she hadn't yet done anything "wrong," she was just different.

There has to be something more to it than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit