Has the Great Tribulation Already started?

by The Fall Guy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• User99
    User99

Overlapping tribulations?? "Perhaps"!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

C T Russell started the speculative hype for the JWS that Jesus had returned and everything to follow that event set in bible prophesy was about to occur for mankind.

Actually he got the idea from other speculative charlatans selling books and their own ideas such as Pyramidology.

The selling really hasn't stopped for the WTS. and it may never for there is always someone ignorant, naive and venerable to exploit.

From that perceived reality the WTS will most likely continue on that path of luring in people to their organization.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As TD said, they only changed their view on this once. Their earlier view is complicated, but it didn't switch back and forward as the list suggests.

We had an old sister in our hall who didn't accept the new light and still insisted the great tribulation had already begun.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

TD, thanks for the additional info. True, this is not their most damaging flip-flop doctrine but there are so many that we have enough proof in order to identify the false prophet.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The Watchtower Society is certainly facing its GT with all the law suits coming its way!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So in the end evaluation of it all it should be clear that this organization is not being guided by god, its just men running their own publishing house, creating and developing doctrines on their own ie. (1914) which aren't supported by the bible.

Well should this be so surprising in the realization that the core operation of this organization was and is a publishing house and the continuing public distribution of that literature ???

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I'm of the mind that eventually the GB will claim NuLite that the GT has already started-- albeit "invisibly" (or only with those (read: JWs only) with the spiritual awareness to recognize the signs. They'll draw a parallel to "only God's Organization" recognized that Jesus began to reign in 1914, and that no one in Christendom or earthly governments did. It's a win-win for them to do so because it will drive the Kool-aid J-dubs wild, scare quite a few PIMOs to return-- and because the GT has no set time limit, they can milk it for 2 or 3 decades at least. Suddenly tragic world events and criticism of the WT aren't "signs of the last days", they are secret signals to JWs reinforcing the teaching that the GT is really underway.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • Ding
    Ding

The WT always comes up with a way of getting around what they have said, so before I bring up something to JWs, I try to figure out how they will try to get around it.

The WT of 10/15/1961, p. 631 says that the great tribulation began in 1914 but was then temporarily shortened as Jesus foretold. Notice how they added "temporarily" to Jesus' words.

So if I were a JW, I would probably try to reconcile all this by saying that the great tribulation is both past and future.

Past = 1914-1918.

Present = Temporary shortening so people can still be saved.

Future = about to come, climaxing with Armageddon.

Thoughts?

• Ding
    Ding

Russell wrote:

"A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. 'New Light' never extinguishes older 'light,' but adds to it. ...So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another." Zion's Watch Tower, February 1881

Redpilltwice asked:

Has anyone tried this one on active witnesses? Would be fun to hear some experiences.

I have brought the Russell quote up to JWs several times.

They gave me a deer in the headlights look and ignored it.

I guess the WT got "new light" about what "new light" is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit