What did being a JW teach you?

by punkofnice 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Honestly I feel that as a witness you have to attribute every good thing that you learn or ever do to the privilege of being part of the organization. You could never take personal credit for you own abilities or creativeness. The org was the reason for your talent and skills because after all you only know god and morals because of them right?

So what did I learn as a jw?

To doubt my own abilities and talent.

Hell, not anymore..

The org may win some but it just...LOSTWUN

• just fine
    just fine

I wouldn't say being a JW taught me anything. Leaving the JW's taught me lots:

i can do anything

i can rely on myself

I don't have to agree with anyone and they don't have to agree with me

Real friends tell you you're about to make a mistake, but love you Whether you listen to them or not

Life is amazing and I need to make the most of it - who knows what comes next

Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and Johnny Walke r will not help you find the answers you seek :-)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I guess I might say that ''you could not trust in yourself''. To say that ''you trust in yourself'' would be contrary to what you were taught by the Borg.

Also, you could never look after ''No 1'', yourself. Everyone else, including JW stuff comes in place before ''you'' do. But then one thinks to themselves, ''who the Hell's going to do it for you?''

• Spiral
    Spiral

Religion is a snare and a racket!

Growing up in the Borg has cured me of all religion - now I am a happy atheist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What did being a JW teach you?

...Image result for Watchtower logo

......Image result for Assholes everywhere

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They taught me to first and foremost look for what's wrong, unscriptural and pagan, with just about everything new I encounter.

They taught me to be satisfied and even feel extra virtuous about always being in a subordinate, subservient and unquestioning role to someone else in authority.

They taught me to live in expectation for the other shoe to drop and to see isolated incidents as all being connected to one another, in order to make their foregone conclusions about the world, appear correct.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Seems like the watchtower corporation inspired a lot of paranoia.

Not a healthy corporation to belong to.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    The borg has taught me to not be capable of any meaningful social interaction. It has taught me to fear people outside the borg. It has taught me that God might kill me at any moment. That god wants my mother to die when life-saving medical treatment is easily available and probably most characteristic to the borg, that love is always conditional among JWs.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

What did it teach me

It's hard to know. Was it my parents?

I suppose at baptism I had learnt a set of beliefs that were probably unique. Which were probably taught.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Being a JW taught me that I am a goat.

I am not a sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit