The Congregational Make Up Research Project: WTB&TS wants to know you.

by oppostate 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

The information gathering is for the "broadcasting". I think that means that the want to make videos that have more impact with younger folks.

Why they're not asking questions about the older ones is quite telling. There was the 1914 generation that wouldn't pass away but did. Now there's the just about forgotten overlappers who they're not really interested in except for their wills. Then there's the clueless new blood, the ones coming into their productive years, and those are the ones they're wishing to grab before they fade away.

Bunch of filthy lucre loving, life-blood-sucking institutionalized vampires stealing and enslaving the young for their putrid organization's benefit!

• millie210
    millie210

Same thought as Robo,

They have to gather and triangulate the data so the Holy Spirit can amaze the flock with its timely messages.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OPPOSTATE:

As others here have said, I suspect this is an attempt to better target certain people in the JW congregation. They want to know exactly WHO are the responsible working individuals, or anybody else who seems remotely affluent.

If I were there and somebody asked me some of these questions, I would answer "None of your business".

This is certainly not good news, except to the very naive. Ultimately, this is all about money, bottom line!

Lurkers: brace yourselves for more nerviness!

• All for show
    All for show

What are they going to do, transition to some kind of youth out reach? None of this info changes anything, the people up top don't live in the real world and are so out of touch. Any hope of keeping the young needs some major weekly structure changes.

As in, more fun and more love. I don't see that happening. Do any of you?

• millie210
    millie210

I think it shows they KNOW they have a problem.

Which is great...let them sweat a little.

The problem is not fixable so it doesnt really matter how much data they gather.

Old saying comes to mind...trying to shut the barn door after the horse is gone...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    My guess: they're looking for actors/actresses, interviewees and stories for the videos.
  • Jerryh
    Jerryh

Market Research 101

http://marketresearch.about.com/od/Market_Research_Basics/a/Market-Research-101-Data-Collection.htm

ἐμπορεύομαι = emporeuomai = emporium 1 a : a place of trade; especially : a commercial center

b : a retail outlet

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985083

James 4:13 καὶ ποιήσομεν ἐκεῖ ἐνιαυτὸν καὶ ἐμπορευσόμεθα καὶ κερδήσομεν·

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985085#h=9

2 Peter 2:3 καὶ ἐν πλεονεξίᾳ πλαστοῖς λόγοις ὑμᾶς ἐμπορεύσονται

through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:

• steve2
    steve2

This poster on reddit claims that there is a special department about bethel which specialize in gathering information about the JWs, presumably related to income:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/4j7ocl/rumor_new_psych_department_at_bethel/

It sounded a bit tinfoily but what do you know, someone from bethel is doing a survey....!

On the face of it this seems bona fide. Yet an anonymous individual who still identifies himself as working at Patterson on such a project would be running the incredibly high risk of being outed by the organization and then kicked out  - or the entire "project team" - if such exists - coming under suspicion.

Have I missed something about the ease with which this level of communication seems "too good to be true"?

• bohm
    bohm
    Steve2: the reddit post seems very suspicious, but the events described in the OP could be seen as independent confirming at least parts of them (check the dates)
  • talesin
    talesin
    who still identifies himself as working at Patterson
    Hedmano Replicante and his girlfriend (former Bethelite) in Patterson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit