Whats the one thing

by MrTheocratic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I would say for me, the tyrannical way they protect their history to make sure you don't know the real truth about it. And if you do and say something and tell others, then you can get disfellowshipped for it. That's a crazy sin in itself, is it not?

And yes, as another poster has said, the way they changed the Bible, they put Jehovah in the Greek scriptures where the word Lord is, just because they think it belongs there, that's another crazy one. The Greek didn't have Jehovah in it, if it did then put it in there, but it doesn't, so why go beyond the things written?

Another thing is their flip flop doctrines that they change depending on what season it is. Like blood and blood fractions and organ transplants. It all depends who is in control at the time, not God's spirit, that's really obvious.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

And yes, as another poster has said, the way they changed the Bible, they put Jehovah in the Greek scriptures where the word Lord is,

Can someone elaborate on this? This is a new one to me.

Thanks,

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

What is one thing that proves to you that this organization does not have Gods backing?

One thing? This needs a rant...

God doesn't need a publishing company printing literature that people in some way have to pay for or a property empire or an organization that requires cash contributions. God wants life to live! Being loving, kind, respectful and honest is free and is in harmony with survival and encourages others to reflect your actions leading to peace, balance and harmony - the state of optimal progression for life.

Most religions are a manmade guilt trip to control and gather money and power. If the witnesses used their collective contributions to go out and feed people, house people, bring water, provide clothing, provide education, provide companionship to people who are alone before talking about God, their actions would speak louder than any word uttered from their mouths. God supports that. Actions.

Instead they are a disgraceful, disgusting, pius, pompous, self-righteous, unloving, lazy, greedy, parasitic organization. Their works are dead! Sitting on your back-side and occassionally distributing literature and attending meetings while you wait for the end of the world is of what use? When you learn what a pyramid scheme is, it's not hard to see the truth of the Watchtower. It curtails otherwise loving members into ignorant, lazy, brainwashed, robots who have no use and contribute nothing positive, to society - they exist merely as a cash machine to the org. It's a parasitic organization that causes the opposite of what it professes to be. A cancer to society. It dishes out fear and rules with an iron-fist. No wonder it's members are depressed and their energy is negative. The perfect, ignorant slave needing a master (in the new world order - there's a clue).

That's what the little voice of doubt inside your head knows - it's not Satan, it's your subconscious telling you to wake-up and live, help, contribute something, bring happiness!

Provided for all is this beautiful world and universe to discover and interact with, in all it's glory and intricate detail and endless beauty and humankind is journeying to find that optimum state of harmonizing with it but the witnesses decide to sit on their backsides and say, ''we'll wait this one out!''

God's backing? Nobody backs a dead horse!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

That name "Jehovah" rattles my cage too. The name doesn't belong in the Greek seeing as the Tetragrammaton or the 4 letters have no equivalent in Greek. So for them to put that name in the Greek is a travesty.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

Revelation 22:18 | NIV

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I've heard the same old " who else is doing the preaching work worldwide" so many times, I say well you do a form of canvassing for the WTS distributing books and magazines etc, but so do the Mormons and in fact I've had the Mormons call on me far more and I asked them to stop and they were becoming pests, and I can prove to you that you both DONT have the truth! they usually change the subject.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my moms way of defending it is to say that jehov is and organized god and needs an organization ,lol

shes so stuck on that word organized. as if every other religion isnt organized. yet she cant back it up with any scriptures, shes 73 yrs old,and cant look up a scripture......?

then yes, 'they're the only ones doing the preaching work'

um no mom, other religions do it in another way but more successfully apparently...

im out finally after decades of being treated like a bother, because i see idol worship in the first degree, im more forgiving than the god of the bible, and my family was basically pushed out.

organizational idol worship.... they are guilty of.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

There is no one thing. Name one thing and it starts an avalanche of a thousand things. For many of us it doesn't start with one thing. It's more like dying, or bleeding out (as a member of a cult) from a million paper cuts.

The level of fakeness, pettiness, judgemental arrogance, fear inducing guilt tripping horse manure that pours out of their mouths is enough to make anyway walk no, run away from them.

I don't know about other countries, but in the U.S. (especially New England area) it was eye opening for me to see how those who should have been the most spiritual, the most cognizant of the need to live a simple life preparing for the great tribulation (the elders) were the ones with the biggest houses, biggest properties, biggest businesses of those in the hall. It proved to me that none of them really believe in any of it anyway. They hire poor pioneers (while either pretending to pioneer or not pioneering themselves) to provide cheap labor for their construction, landscape, cleaning business while they rake in the big money. Hypocrites!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    First; prove god exists without resorting to 'faith' or 'magic powers'.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

For those of us in this community looking from the other side What is one thing that proves to you that this organization does not have Gods backing?

I think that there are a lot of reasons to question the claim of them having God's backing.

At the time of my dedication and baptism we studied at one of the meetings the book "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah"-How? (Watchtower 1971)

My understanding from this book was that the anointed JW were the modern day Ezekiel commissioned in 1919 to do the work in fulfilment of Matthew 24:14. Appointed as a watchman class to Christendom as Ezekiel had been to the house of Israel.

I learnt that Ezekiel acted out the exact number of days until the destruction of Jerusalem and this had relevance to Christendom.

On page 216 it states

'Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom'

As far as I am aware this hasn't occurred.

When Ezekiel received the report that Jerusalem,..has been struck down he was vindicated as the watchman and proclaimer of the prophecies.

On page 286 it says,

'...the authentic news comes from all around the earth that the antitypical Jerusalem, Christendom, has fallen at the hands of Jehovah's executional forces! This will be a vindication of the modern-day Ezekiel class, to authenticate that they have not been a false prophet but have been a faithful "watchman" class in sounding out Jehovah's Warnings to Christendom.'

Watchtower April 1,1972 page 200

'Jehovah would confirm him as a prophet then by causing what Ezekiel prophesied to come true.'

As there was no confirmation that I can see for the modern day Ezekiel class I would say that this would/may be the 'one thing' for me

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All of the above. Plus:

The arrogance of claiming to be gods only channel of communication, yet at the same time not owning their embarrassing history!

Either god got things wrong, or the society did, right? Or was it that God never backed th society to begin with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit