Whats the one thing

by MrTheocratic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic

Jw's are constantly trying to prove they have the truth. They always point to Matthew 24:14 and say "who is accomplishing this work today? This proves we have the truth and Gods backing".

For those of us in this community looking from the other side What is one thing that proves to you that this organization does not have Gods backing?

For me my one thing is the inability of the GB to admit past failures when it comes to understanding. To me if you can't admit that.... yes we did mislead people in the past about 1975 and yes we did mislead some to not have children and get married, and for that we are sorry." if a person can't admit there mistakes... can they really be trusted?

That's mine ... what's yours?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.
    Deuteronomy 18:21-22 | NIV
    Mine would be all the failed prophecies. Time and time again they have been proven wrong in their predictions. They use the "light gets brighter" scripture out of context to explain their mistakes but by doing so they make their God a liar.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I don't suppose it's exactly possible to prove they don't have the backing of one god or another, but there's an endless supply of things that make me want to have no association with any god that would back them. Child abuse, shunning, homophobia, blood ban, misogyny, lies and deceit, constant money begging and hypocrisy, for starters.
  • zeb
    zeb

Not be prepared as they faced the ARC

and some lying through their teeth..

Distorting the Malawi story..

The way in which victims are treated by elders in sexual abuse cases..

Shunning.. on again......off again.......on again..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How can a person be in the truth, chosen exclusively by god as they say, when they support such lying corruption in preaching the Gospel ?.

The WTS has always been unloyal and disobedient to god in its operation as a publishing house.

• Magnum
    Magnum

They always point to Matthew 24:14 and say "who is accomplishing this work today? This proves we have the truth and Gods backing".

I've heard that, too. When we were first fading, my wife even wondered about it and mentioned it to me. I said "JWs aren't fulfilling Mt 24:14." I then went on to explain that mostly what JWs do is waste time with very inefficient, wasteful methods. Many hours reported are not legitimate. JWs ride around wasting time doing rvs on people who will never become JWs or who they know are not at home. They stop for breaks and count the time.

They're not, for the most part, preaching the "good news of the kingdom". Most people have no clue as to what JWs teach because they (JWs) don't make it clear. If they even have a message, it's hidden under or in a huge pile of fluff. Just think of the articles they've presented over the years in the magazines. JWs are mostly literature placers, and the literature doesn't make the message clear or easy to find.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    For me it was that they changed the Bible. When i discovered after research that the name Jehovah really does not belong in the Greek scriptures, I lost all respect for them, who SAY they respect the bible, but actually would change it to fit their own beliefs.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

What is one thing that proves to you that this organization does not have Gods backing?

There are many things, but I will mention just one - the organization's extreme fear of its own people finding out about its real history, past teachings, failed predictions, etc. I always wondered why we were so strongly counseled to not look at the literature of opposers, not talk with them, etc. It just didn't seem right; it seemed as thought they wanted something to remain hidden.

I always thought that if we had the backing of the most powerful being in existence, we should have nothing to fear. It never did smell right. Now I know why they don't want JWs to research the religion outside their own literature.

• millie210
    millie210
    Mine would be the overwhelming evidence that elders are not appointed by Holy Spirit.

We all know stories about the politics involved in appointments, the rampant abuse of a sexual nature and other types of abuse as well that occurs among these "appointed men".

Once you know they are not appointed by Holy Spirit then you have to wonder who is? The C.O.s that appoint the elders?

Obviously not based on who they appoint....

The headquarters that appoint the C.Os?

Well no...

Then who?

Well that would be nobody.

Nobody is appointed by anyone except mere men.

Its a man made Org posing as being "of God".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DITTO to what DarkKnight and Magnum already mentioned.

JWs kid themselves that they are accomplishing anything. 1/10th of 1% success in saving mankind is a joke.

JWs lie to themselves that the leadership is not a "false prophet" by claiming "new light".

Ignorance is bliss.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit