I like how it looks in other people but not for myself. A question specially for women.

by StarTrekAngel 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Women say stuff to mess with men' minds. It's something we do for fun, because we can.😈
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I can like a style on another and know it wouldnt suit me. I love big beautifold bold jewelry but I dont have the desire to fuss with it. I love colors thag make me look ill. I love styles that would look silly because I am no longer 19. Kind of like I can think a young man is handsome but have no inclinations to go cougar-ey. I got old, not blind.

Get the tattoo or not. If your wife isnt wanting to share the experience, no worries.

• jhine
    jhine

I agree with Great Teacher , though all the points made are good , why not ask ? You could say " l like that dress / coat / handbag too and think it would look good on you , why don't you think it would ? "

I don't mean an interrogation , just start a discussion .

Jan

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jwdaughter I got old, not blind.

i like this!

It may be to do with confidence. Sometimes it's because you have a fear that something won't look good - yet deep down you know it's a bit irrational so you don't want to vocalise it, or draw attention to it!! EG I have a thing about my ankles - typically the clothes I like tend to show off ankles , like what we used to call 'pedal pusher'trousers. I know if I say I love them but don't want to wear them because of xyz..people will just say that I'm being silly.

we are always our own harshest critics - and notice faults that others don't see. Confidence is usually at the source of most people's reluctance to try something different.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

StarTrekAngel, I know exactly what your wife means. I'm like that with neckwear for some reason. I love them and how many women wear them and a little silk scarf can look so utterly feminine. But if I try to put one on, I feel as though I look like it doesn't belong to me. Despite people saying how great it looks and how much it suits me, I can't see it and I don't know why. I think its improving because people have bought me nice neckwear and I've had to wear it and although I feel really self conscious, a few compliments and I start to feel more comfortable.

So next time, perhaps buy your wife something that isn't wildly beyond her comfort zone and make sure the compliments flow when she wears it. Your confidence in how much it will suit her might help her to try something new if deep down she might like to.

• tiki
    tiki

What you choose to wear is a reflection of who you are. You can like something and appreciate how becoming it is on another, but if it simply is not your style, you would be uncomfortable wearing it...it just isn't you.

Take stripes for example..I see garments that are striped...horizontally or vertically...and they look good...attractive on the right person...on me, no way. I am not a stripe person...never in my wardrobe or on my bod. Just not me. Simple....most self assured women who care about their appearance opt for clothing and accessories that they feel look good on them and that they feel themselves, comfortable in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit