Looking for Podcast recommendations.

by nicolaou 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm a Postman so I get 4 to 5 hours every day with my headphones on and I'm really chewing through some stuff. I'm after science (evolutionary biology and anthropology especially), history of religion and comedy. Old sci-fi audio books are also a favourite.

I'll give JW related stuff a shot if it's short and factual but it's not at the top of my list.

Let me know what you're enjoying. Cheers.

• blondie
    blondie

At first I thought you were going to start a podcast.

I don't watch them so far.

If some knows of something that is entertaining but not crude, I'd be interested.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sci-go books any Phillip K. Dick books.

Podcast: The Here and Now Podcast

The Dream podcast ( exploration of pyramid schemes/history of pyramid schemes. You'll see so many connection)

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Sam Harris - Making Sense

Amazingly Informative and interesting.

Great listening to really smart people talking about important topics.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there nicolaou!

Just popped in for the first time in many months and saw your post.

I subscribe to about 20 podcasts, but one of my faves is 99% Invisible.

Here's a quick cut & paste from their website:

Ever wonder how inflatable men came to be regular fixtures at used car lots? Curious about the origin of the fortune cookie? Want to know why Sigmund Freud opted for a couch over an armchair?

99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we donโ€™t think about โ€” the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world. With over 250 million downloads, 99% Invisible is one of the most popular podcasts on iTunes and is available on RadioPublic, via RSS and through other apps.

The website is:

99percentinvisible.org

Hope you enjoy the podcast while on "your appointed rounds".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Blondie: At first I thought you were going to start a podcast.

I'm thinking of giving it a go. I think the exjw community needs more cranky, middle aged men telling them what's what. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now here's one I do recommend.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cDovL29yaWdpbnN0b3JpZXMubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

Origin Stories by The Leakey Foundation

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The "You're not so Smart" podcast.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

His language might be a little course at times but Stand-up comedian Dana Gould is a Sci-Fi movie and Hollywood History buff. You can download a lot of his previous stuff and it should keep you going for awhile.

https://www.danagould.com/category/episodes/

• Attewc
    Attewc

Comedy: Adam Carolla Show

Knowledge: Stuff You Should Know

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I really enjoy Snap Judgement, an hour long weekly broadcast from NPR. Some of those episodes make me laugh, some get me riled up at injustice. You never know what you will get.

Other favorites, all NPR or other Public Radio favorites:

Radiolab, This American Life, Fresh Air with Terry Gross

Snakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit