Just how much of a dramatic FLOP is this NEW LIGHT?

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

The sub question is: will the scrolls that are opened now be new light, the record of past misdeeds, or brownie points, or remain the new laws of the kingdom reign like : "thou shalt not build airplanes" ?? only sailboats shown in wt paradise pictures.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I believe Winston read too much into it as well. I think the GB still holds that ones sin debt is paid for by death.

One problem is, who paid the debt for the sins of Armageddon survivors, i.e., the other sheep?

Secondly, since there are only two types of resurrection, the just who have done good and the unjust who have done evil, that means the other sheep who die before Armageddon are identified as evildoers.....which actually makes sense in an undermining way

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment. Jn.5:29

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I believe Winston read too much into it as well .Same here , he has probably confused his beliefs and mixed them up as a hish hash of JW beleifs .

Because let`s face it it is hard to keep up with the flip flops of JW`s beliefs and their New light .

The only thing that the current JW knows about his / her religion is that Armageddon is coming and a new World of paradise is coming soon ,so don`t bog me down with details ,its all in Jehovah`s hand.

End of story.

• vienne
    vienne

Speculating on something that hasn't happened yet seems unfruitful. And it seems to me at least, that this man, a Seventh-day Adventist, has as much or more to hide from as Jehovah's Witnesses do.

• waton
    waton
    One problem is, who paid the debt for the sins of Armageddon survivors, i.e., the other sheep?

Yeah, they are the ones that need the ransom more than the"partaking anointed", because survivors will never die***, never personally pay the price according to wt doctrine.

so wt: reinstitute the original last supper, where only the men with an earthly hope partook of the bread and wine. the only "anointed", the Christ just passed it on. and

Not redeemed by the ransom, the Armageddon survivors are forced to work it off, 1000 year wt slaves. the conciliation price though :

They will not be like angels, still have possible marital bliss. a joy not to miss.

*** wt circa 1918: " the world has ended, Millions now living will never die"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Jackson said (as I recall) “Up to know we have believed that the practicing of good or vile things occurs after their resurrection in the New World “

Er.. No.. in all my years of believing, up the end of the 1990s, I was taught that it was about what they had done in their first life. Those who had practiced vile things would find it harder, perhaps too difficult to change and be righteous. For those ones it would turn out to be a res. of judgment because after a time to give them opportunities they would be “removed” ie. zapped from on high by Jesus,

Now perhaps in recent years they had changed it and I missed it , but that is what I , and I am sure others always understood..

Mind you, it is all a nonsense anyway.. it saddens me to think of the time I spent believing this stuff and the years I lived in hope of seeing dear old Mother again. Oh well, onwards with eyes open now

• carla
    carla

I appreciate seeing how all of you view this whole issue. I think my jw maintains that we (his wife, kids, unbelievers) will get a chance and be resurrected and once we are all there together we (the unbelievers) will say, "oh, now I get it! of course jw's had it right all along!" and we will all get to stay together in the fictional paradise earth together. I have no clue how this actually squares with jw doctrine. Probably because it doesn't. He just can't fathom it any other way I think, who could? How could it be a paradise if everyone you ever loved would not be there because they didn't jump on the jw ship?

I wonder how his beliefs will change when he sees the annual meeting?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Vienne,

You said, :"Speculating on something that hasn't happened yet seems unfruitful. And it seems to me at least, that this man, a Seventh-day Adventist, has as much or more to hide from as Jehovah's Witnesses do."

You've got me curious. I see them as legalistic about the ten commandments.... especially regarding the "Sabbath" commandment. But I'm not aware of much else.

• vienne
    vienne

Vander,

You will find the discussion of E. G. Whites plagiarism interesting. An Inspired Prophet does not need to plagiarize from anyone. Also, in her earliest years' meetings were sometimes characterized by what a really conservative Christian would consider demonism, barking, crawling on all fours, head butting the rear end of the nearest girl. Lots to explore. SDA generated many disaffections and pamphlets and books presented as exposés . I haven't pursued this at length. I'm writing my thesis on Witnesses, not the SDA church.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks Vienne,

I haven't read much about the SDA Church. I know they have built numerous orphanages and are quite evangelical in their missions. Fortunately I have not heard anything about CSA or shunning former members.

E.G. White sounds like a real loser and their millennial doctrine seems totally out of whack and based on a gloss in Revelation 20. Perhaps an SDA member on board here might want to straighten me out on their beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit