What would you say?

by Freedom rocks 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

If you had 2 minutes with an old witness friend or with a family member to convince them the 'truth' is a lie and the GB isnt being directed by God what would you say to get their attention that might make them question their beliefs?

• hybridous
    hybridous

Hmm, I don't know. Nothing I've said has made a dent, so far...

I don't think there are magic words to get the result we want.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They didn't get to be a JW in 2 minutes, so it's hard to imagine undoing that level of indoctrination in such a short time. It took me over 6 years to wake up after I was exposed to TTATT, and everybody's different.

That being said, you can make a sizable dent in 2 minutes, even one well chosen sentence. Maybe not an immediate life-changer, but something that will stick with them and maybe "bear fruit" later. (Sorry for the subconscious JW-ism.)

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

I told my mrs that if Jehovah actually came down and announced himself as god....threw a couple of lightning bolts at some rascals,raised people from the dead,walked on water....ate a thousand hot dogs in 2 minutes....she would still wait to ask the governing body if it was okay to acknowledge him.....she got pissed at this....and ironically phoned the branch asking as to what kick in the bollocks would be most effective against an apostate twat.

TBH......their advice was quite effective......as one of my bollocks has swollen to the size of a space hopper due to her footwork.

• Incognito
    Incognito

The best would be to offer to be supportive and a hearing ear IF they ever want to talk ... about anything.

WT has well programmed JWs to ignore their doubts and reject negative info regarding the religion, but simply put faith that God chose this organization and GB as his earthly representatives. Even if what is taught doesn't make sense or is opposite to what was taught a short time ago, the GB attribute that to increased understanding as supported by God's arrangement. Any opposition to this is equated to opposition to God and 'the truth'.

Although you may want to wake JWs up to the real truth about the org, until a JW comes to the realization there is something wrong and starts to question matters for his or her self, there is nothing you can say that will force them to accept what you say and any attempt will cause them to turn against you.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm buggard if I know.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I have seen and experienced myself that getting away from indoctrination sessions for a period of time helps tremendously, then you might be able to make some inroads. With doctrine, it is not one size fits all. What is important to one person, may not matter to another at all. It almost always seems to require a real or perceived personal or family injustice to open the door.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hard as it is not to tell a JW that they are believing a certain GB lie as opposed to a Bible truth, (e.g. you must confess your seriously juicy sins to 3 elders) posing the statement as a question may plant a seed in the JW mind, rather than inciting them to adopt "apostate defence mode" and clamming up.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"You know that I have always appreciated the way you value Truth and Honesty my friend. These qualities are so precious and important. I also value Truth and Honesty, and it is for this reason that I have kept my conscience clean by carefully examining my faith. I am more than happy to share these truthful things with you if you wish.?"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Another what-if, never will happen scenario. Uh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit