Apostate carts

by Normalfulla 18 Replies latest social humour

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

We went to the Chinese Culture Days at the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, MO. In the space of two blocks there were at least 12 carts and more dubs than that standing around. I avoided them on the way in by waiting to cross at the entrance. On the way out two JW women said hello, so I did too and kept walking.

I didn't recognize any of them and I am glad.

Snakes

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Here in U.K. Is a snack you pop in toaster, chocolate or fruit, Pop Tarts, my grandson loves making faces on the sticky chocolates side. Think I might launch Aposta Tarts, each one a different TTATT or a Smiling GB member impressed. On sticky side. Got a motto for marketing "Eat them, excrete them"

• sir82
    sir82

I wonder what response we would get from anyone ?

Same response that the JW carts get - utterly ignored after a 0.5 second glance.

Virtually no one (of the world's population) cares about JWs. No one cares about ex-JWs either.

JWs (and ex-JWs) are completely and utterly irrelevant to 99.8% of the world's population.

The JW carts are just the latest gimmick to prop up sagging morale among JW pioneers. It's "easy hours" so they don't get quite so discouraged, and it has the added bonus of being a new sort of "prestige" that you have to earn (there was a recent BOE letter on "who qualifies" to work the JW carts).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JWs (and ex-JWs) are completely and utterly irrelevant to 99.8% of the world's population.

So true.

And even ex-JWs only care about JWs because their lives are/were so adversely affected by the Cult.

Eight million people died in the past 2 months. Do you care about any of them? Maybe one or two of them with whom you were actually acquainted, at the most. No one cares about the 8 million JWs either, except the one or two of them that disturbed their chance to sleep in on Saturday morning.

Doc

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I was in the Netherlands for the past week, and did see a cart with 2 Jdubs outside a train station. Was happy to see that it gets as much attention as in the US - zero.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I think it would be a very entertaining you tube video. I would love to see how many more people spoke to the apostate cart. I think it would be many more. Some good scandalous headlines would do the trick.

Pedophilia anyone?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Let's walk with our apostate carts

like big old information farts

we'll spit our words out just like darts

and pierce their broken little hearts

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

No need for apostate carts just walk up to their cart and announce," I love you brother or sister but I hate your organization"...Watch them load up and leave..

• Mikh
    Mikh

The observations in here are pretty accurate. JWs and the carts mostly stand out to people involved/previously involved with JWs. Thats why they stand out to me whenever I happen to see them. I will have a quick glance at the people by the cart, but then keep on moving. For the JWs themselves, I think the cart allows them to put in their time (as someone above mentioned) without having to be overt about trying to talk to people. It seems many JWs are just happy to stand by the cart and let time pass. Rarely do I ever see anyone actually stop at a cart. I remember how I kinda thought the carts were somewhat neat when I first saw them.

People are just too caught up in their own lives to take the time to stop and look at the carts or JWs, not to mention that most are not interested in the message.

Still, JWs get pretty creative about things sometimes. Not too long ago, there was an awake left in the waiting lobby at my mechanic. I wonder where else they get left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit