Apostate carts

by Normalfulla 18 Replies latest social humour

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

So I've recently been travelling about USA and Mexico and of course seen the carts parked at tourist spots all over and I had a funny thought ...if somehow we could get a bunch of identical carts together and print up a placard with a few key facts about the REAL truth with jwfacts logo and just park them right in the same areas ,dress up in our old meeting clothes and stand about with a coffee and look on our phones I wonder what response we would get from anyone ? Or park them outside assembly's and just stand.off at a distance ...basically the same thing they do to all society !

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, in the early days of the society, they used to stand outside churches calling out "religion is a snare and a racket" while wearing sandwich boards!

How would they like it being done back to them now?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's your life. Go ahead and waste it.

Personally, we're too busy enjoying our Saturdays and Sundays to screw around with some ridiculous Cult members.

Let us know how it goes!

Doc

• Simon
    Simon

The only people the message makes sense to is those who are trained and conditioned not to listen to it.

It seems like a very time and effort intensive way to hardly reach anyone.

Using their methods wouldn't work for us, they have huge numbers of volunteers with nothing better to do with their lives.

The internet is what gives us power and equalizes things.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

You don't need a cart. Just make a sandwich board and set it next to their cart. Then just walk away and collect your boards after they leave each day.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

DOC -it was merely a musing not a literal idea :-)

• Simon
    Simon
    Just make a sandwich board and set it next to their cart.

Just make a sandwich <- now that part is a worthwhile endeavour.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Slight aside but did anyone in the UK watch Peter Kay's Car Share and see the cart featured in that in a couple of shots?

It was being ignored btw.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

.if somehow we could get a bunch of identical carts together and print up a placard with a few key facts about the REAL truth with jwfacts logo and just park them right in the same areas ,dress up in our old meeting clothes and stand about with a coffee and look on our phones I wonder what response we would get from anyone ? Or park them outside assembly's and just stand.off at a distance ...basically the same thing they do to all society !

That would be a great joke to play at their expense, but personally I feel no need to make a point to them. To me, recovering is from letting them as out of my life as possible. Engaging in that is just still dealing with them.

That said, I just came back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I didn't see any JW. So that's a great place to escape from the carts if you'd like (and great town to visit).

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

One could quietly stand by a Literature Cart with a sign like this:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit