have you heard anything ?

by lancelink 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lancelink
    lancelink

I was a witness from grade school ( 1976) until 2007. I seem to remember an important aspect that was ALWAYS talked about at the hall as being a fact.They would say that "the rocks themselves would cry out" if the public preaching work was to stop,,,,, all I've seen and heard these past few months are the witnesses complaining about the witnessing work coming to a halt.But I've not heard one rock crying .

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Well that's because obviously Jehovah's people are still preaching! Their Zoom meetings, and silly handwritten letters, unsolicited phone calls, etc. etc. are all preaching!

And don't forget their divine website JWdotORG. That's the greatest witness of all. Haven't you heard 'the brothers' invented the internet?

• contramundum
    contramundum

i received this in an email from a non jw friend this week. It made us both chuckle

CM

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

A letter was received at my residence this week with a return address to the local Kingdom Hall. It contained a hand written letter asking if I knew why God allowed suffering. Instead of answering the question, the letter writer told me to go to a website for the answer. Unfortunately I believe very little I find on the internet and, if the question were that important to the letter writer, the letter writer should have written the answer in the letter.

To be fair, maybe the letter writer doesn't know the answer. Perhaps it was just a form of snail mail click bait. I am not sure.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Let me guess. JW.org website?

That's the standard letter no tracts because they costs too much. It should have had a name or initials in the return.

Maybe the post office will show a ok profit this year

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Actually its God that has caused all of the suffering humans face when you stop and think about it.

As for the rocks crying out ,their interpretation of that scripture is archaeology finds about the Bible or some such thing.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

They jw preaching work is about as interesting as a box of rocks!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    contramundum - "received this in an email from a non jw friend this week. It made us both chuckle"

Huh.

House-to-house spamming.

Or will they start calling it the "Email-to-Email Work", now?

Vidiot

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well i thought it was funny Vidiot ,so a like .

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Rocks cry out" does not mean literal rocks. I believe it was refering to Gentiles or ones not God's people.

In Matt 3:9 he said "Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children for Abraham from these stones." Not literal stones, but he did raise up children of Abraham from gentiles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit