Verifiable proof of Jesus' existance outside the Bible

by unsure 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Because tens of thousands of children believe in "Slenderman," he MUST be real, because human beings rarely make errors.

Consider also that "Slenderman" was unknown to the generation of these children's parents. For such a shift in consciousness to have occurred so suddenly within one generation would suggest something real took place.

Iron-clad argumentation!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Jonestown massacre....

Belief and the willingness to die for it means sweet FA.

You will find truth in evidence and evidence alone. Sometimes the current truth is only to say we can't yet know.

• deegee
    deegee
    Although there is the whole calender thing hmmm......------sparrowdown

When the monk by the name of Dionysius Exiguus developed the calendar based on Jesus’ birth, he did so based on the information contained IN THE BIBLE.

(As a side note not only do the two accounts of Jesus' birth in Matthew and Luke stand at odds with one another, they are also not historically credible on their own terms so Jesus’ birth could range from 6 or 7 B.C. to A.D. 7.)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Jesus goes from age 12-30 without any word of what happened in between, not one word from a friend or neighbor. Example "Jesus wasn't always so Holy, I knew Jesus when we were young men chasing the ladies". Sources about Jesus several decades after the fact...Historians have measures in term of a burden of proof. If an author for instance is writing about a subject more than 100 years after it occurred it isn't considered valid. Another important metric is the validity of authorship, if the author cannot be clearly established, it makes the record for less reliable..But again we are dealing with facts and miracles (supernatural occurrence)....

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@deegee- im pretty sure that was a quip fron sparrow ;)

• deegee
    deegee

_Morpheus,

The calendar thing was also mentioned in a similar thread started by punkofnice, which I browsed quickly. I'm not sure if there were any counterarguments against it in that thread so I just thought I would make a counterargument here for unsure's sake.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

There may not be a great deal of direct "proof" in the way of experiential documentation from that era but, for myself, there is an enormous quantity of other proof. The more I learn and discover about our incredible Planet and the complexity of all of its systems; the astounding beauty and complexity of life itself, there is no doubt. Then when looking into the sky and pondeiring what we've learned about this awesome superuniverse, what more can one say?

The design of this material dimension is stupendous. Who knows how much more there is to delight our curiosity?

• deegee
    deegee

@James Mixon,

Jesus also went from age 0-12 without any word of what happened in between.

We heard about him at age 0 & 12 but there was nothing in between.

• unsure
    unsure

@Old Navy

If you are attributing complexity to a creator, ok, but then what is stopping another religion from being the correct one and yours being wrong?

• unsure
    unsure

@Old Navy

To rephrase, what is stopping Zeus from being the creator of this complexity and not Jesus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit