I left the organization

by Issa 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Great news. Your life starts now!!

There seems to be a lot leaving lately. This is good news.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi Issa, I'm glad you have made a decision to leave.

From personal experience I suffered a giant family rift even though I faded but I wouldn't have it any other way. I was treated as if I was disfellowshipped by some of my old friends but after a short time I began to feel happy that I had left. After all how can anyone with a real conscience preach at the doors about something they know is not true?

I made my decision to live my own life by my own judgement and choices and my life became much more exciting and meaningful. I'm sure yours will too!

Do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on--you will have opposition but it won't be forever. All the best to you in your escape from the cult.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    In my experience, I am more happy now than I was a JW. Reason being, I made it clear that all religions are nothing but scams.
  • John Free
    John Free

Hello Issa, welcome to freedom. As others have suggested it may be wise to hold off on the DA until you have more perspective. It is something that cannot be reversed and in some ways its what the cult would want you to do, since they can control your family more without your influence. Regardless of how you play it, a warm welcome!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome to the real world brother.

• kairos
    kairos

Leaving is the goal. The sooner the better.
    No matter when you do leave, you'll always wish you did it sooner.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. I'm so glad and relieved I'm not the only one alone. I can begin to live a life. To love the people around me and truly see a wonderful future ahead of us

You're welcome. Stay around. Please share more. You might help others when sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit