If An Organization Really Believed It Had the Truth...

by xjwsrock 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DNCall
    DNCall

"Straight line approaches," as xjwsrock puts so well, were abandoned after the Knorr administration with the power shift to the GB. In the 40s through the 70s it was sufficient to ignore apostates. Their placards and signs outside the conventions were ignored for the most part. By the 90s I can recall a highly placed Bethelite telling me that "Ray Franz' book" was doing tremendous damage--this one book was causing many to go apostate. Gradually over the years more and more mention was made of apostates as well as resolutions being made at conventions pledging loyalty to the organization. Articles, apostate blogs and websites on the Internet were making the Organization look bad and the Organization knew it.

The multiple leaders of the GB were beginning to develop paranoia over this in their ranks. A new public affairs office was created under a new overseer in an attempt to control how the Organization was being perceived. As this control has diminished since that time, the focus has been on image and perception--not on "truth."

In times past "the truth" inspired confidence. Today, their illusion of truth is lost in a massive effort to survive financially and to perform damage control.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I had to get that rant off my chest.

DOC- I may be fooling myself, but I swear the org is worse than before. All these changes are nuts. Anointed demoted. GB gets a promotion. TV evangelism. Cartoons? Really? I thought starting a family showed a lack of spirituality... now we have JW cartoons and coloring books.

The ARC takes the cake, though. Surely it's easier to wake up now. Right?

• Island Man
    Island Man

Watchtower cannot honestly refute the claims of apostates, so they desperately resort to attempting to suppress the truth about the truth from getting to JWs by demonizing apostates and coaching JWs to censor out apostate information.

If what the apostates were saying were false, then the best way to deal with it would be to publish a book listing the specific claims of apostates and refuting each one with irrefutable facts and evidence. That would be the best way to deal with apostates, if they were lying, because it would involve inoculating JWs against apostate lies.

But Watchtower cannot do this without engaging in further printed lies, because apostates are telling the truth and truth cannot be refuted. When fighting truth the most you can hope to do is attempt to hide it and hide from it. This is why deceitful and oppressive political regimes always resort to the use of censorship - because the truths that expose them cannot be refuted. Watchtower is no different.

Truth is like an invincible warrior while the lie is like an evil, scheming weakling. A weakling cannot defeat an invincible warrior so his only option is to hide from him. And this is essentially what deceitful manipulative organizations like Watchtower do - they hide from the truth and attempt to hide the truth through the use of censorship.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Nicely put Island man.

• Lieu
    Lieu

They're afraid. Afraid of just about everything. Whatever "spirit" they have is one of fear. Constant fear.

Besides, they can't defend anything. A "slave" / servant doesn't know what the master does so said Jesus. "Slaves" are in bondage.

Let the call themselves "faithful and discreet slave". It only brings out that they don't know what their master is doing, they aren't free - no Holy spirit, and they aren't adopted as sons. Sons get inheritances, slaves don't.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OneGenTwoGroups10 hours agoDavid Splane vs Matt Dillahunty
    That would be an entertaining debate.

It would be brilliant. Splane would be decimated.

After all, look at Jackson vs: the ARC..........Governing body were decimated.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

President of the USA, FDR once said something like "We have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

The wt/gb version of this statement is: "We have nothing to fear but truth (and history) itself!"

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

xjwsrock - "...They threaten. They vilify. They slander. They lie. They resort to name-calling. They resort to fuzzy references to 'attacks' from unnamed 'enemies'. Anything to not address the problem head on.

If you have the truth on your side... you don't act like this.

If you are crooked, if you are hiding something, if you are engaging in PR spin tactics, if you are propagandizing... you act exactly like this..."

And yet again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Splash
    Splash

w1930 9/1 p.267 Par.1

Those who have God's truth never persecute. The truth does not need such a defense. It is only error that seeks by persecution, threats and death to silence those who oppose it. Any cause that has to be supported by persecution, threats, or tyranny and lies, is of Satan and does not have divine approval, and is always in opposition to God's truth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If An Organization Really Believed It Had the Truth...

The WatchTower/JW`s Wouldn`t Spend Every Waking Hour..

TRYING TO DEFEND IT..

Image result for truth is like a lion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit