If An Organization Really Believed It Had the Truth...

by xjwsrock 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumping this thread.

Great comments!

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

I was criticised for watching the Dateline program about WT child abuse and the two witness rule. I was told that this was "apostate lies." Years later, Geoffrey Jackson tells the ARC the same thing about the two witness rule. Yet he is supposed to be a member of the GB.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If An Organization Really Believed It Had the Truth... it would not be scared of critics. Absolutely.

In fact, if it believed in 'Jehovah refining truth' it would welcome it - criticism would be actively encouraged.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    If you had the truth of all the universe.?...and God on your side

....you wouldn’t be scared of critics, you would welcome them for all to see that we hold the truth and God is truly with us. I have used this line of reasoning with my wife and loud enough so my kids can hear….. She agreed.

I once asked her “how is it that the truth is such a delicate flame…… flickering to stay a lit where as a mere whisper of doubt can extinguish it?”

Why isn't there a series of talks in the mid-week meeting addressing an apostate subject each week? each month? every other month? nothing?

They will never do this it will expose them for what they are. Their is massive damaging information on JWfacts that cannot easily be overcome they know this, they have read it and know not to open Pandora box, they would in effect create mass awakenings. Imagine a brother assigned with the task of defending the organization against flip flops, misquoting in their literature, spiritistic pyramid fascination on which their principle doctrine is base from 1914.

So their approach is to vilify anyone questioning the GB as mentally diseased, demon inspired. I remember being at the convention when they passed the resolutions pledging loyalty to the organization. It was in the late 90’s I thought it was cultish just felt weird.

In my opinion, Geoffrey Jackson had the perfect opportunity when he testified on ARC, to set things straight for all to see. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. But instead he resorted to half-truths and outright lies ironically they call it the “Truth”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ozgirl - "I was criticised for watching the Dateline program about WT child abuse and the two witness rule. I was told that this was 'apostate lies'. Years later, Geoffrey Jackson tells the ARC the same thing about the two witness rule. Yet he is supposed to be a member of the GB."

Hell, I've heard that some dumbass JWs have even claimed that the man who testified as Jackson on the RC was really an impostor/apostate ("impostate"?).

Probably the same chuckleheads who dismissed the Sparlock video as having been "created by opposers to make JWs look bad".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit