Jehovah's Witnesses face £1m legal bill after young girl was sexually abused by one of its members

by Researchedandenlightened 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I first realized just how uncooperative the Org was being with regards to this problem, I couldn't get my head around it.

I'd repeatedly ask myself, "are they a) crazy (i.e. deluded), or b) just plain stupid?" (and I do suspect both to some degree).

It wasn't until I thought further about it, that I realized there's a third factor...

c) ...their actions suggest desperation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As a follow-up, it occurred to me that if an organization's leadership is desperately trying to keep it afloat, it therefore follows that said organization is in genuine danger of sinking.

Interestingly, in many cases, the desperate measures often implemented to keep a sinking organization afloat perversely end up contributing to it's demise (particularly if said organization is crooked).

• stillin
    stillin

Orphan:

If anyone deserves credit for dealing with nerves...it is the victims themselves. The victims who have to prove that they were violated so long ago...so long ago...years and years of suffering.

maybe so. I've had my share of bad experiences, too. So? Fix the laws. Fix the leaks. Grow up. Know what to watch out for and be all the wiser from your past. Money-grubbing may help teach a lesson, but thirty years latera. I don't think so.

Also, I think the WTS has made some major changes in their approach to pedophilia, haven't they? Call the police immediately is pretty good, in my book.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stillin...

Dude... seriously???

Every single piece of recent correspondence regarding the pedo problem - internal and external - has staunchly reiterated their hard-line and stubborn insistance on keeping it internal, supressing the truth, and - for all intents and purposes - telling the rest of the world to take a flying f**k at the moon.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    stillin: Also, I think the WTS has made some major changes in their approach to pedophilia, haven't they? Call the police immediately is pretty good, in my book.

No they don't. And if you believe they do...I have a bridge to sell you...

Money-grubbing...

???!!!!!????

• stillin
    stillin

Ok. So I'm trolling a little. But I am under the impression that there is zero tolerance now among the congregations. Call the police. They used to think that three ignorant elders could Susa out the really wicked ones. Then they realized that pedophilia is an actual psychopathic sickness in which there are almost always repeat offenses. And they made changes. I have read those letters.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stillin - "...But I am under the impression that there is zero tolerance now among the congregations."

Then they've...

a) ...either succeeded in fooling you, or...

b) ...it's - at this point - way too little, way too late.

Which option would you prefer?

• stillin
    stillin

Vidiot, those are the ONLY choices?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit