Pioneers Living With Married Couple

by msecodo 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• msecodo
    msecodo

So ... situation:

A baptized married couple, with no privileges that we know of, have opened their home to 2 unmarried regular pioneers because of the pioneers' financial issues (limited income).

- Husband works from home

- Wife doesn't work and stays home or in service

- One pioneer is a woman, the other is a man - both single

- Pioneers are around their early 20s. One has full-time job AND pioneers (not sure what the financial issue is). The other is on disability, but we think his family kept taking his monthly income without his approval, so he needed to move out.

- Couple have no children and 5 bedrooms in their house, so it kind of makes sense they're helping.

The wife and I were talking and found out that this situation existed for about 1-2 months ... THEN, the elders met with the pioneers (not the couple) and told them to leave the house or they would no longer be pioneers. No reason given but Hebrews 13:17 read about obeying the elders.

She got pretty heated up about it ... apparently there's a "special pioneer" in the cong that doesn't like the married couple and starting spreading rumors ... then the elders got involved ... and it went from there.

Have the question in my head ... is there anything in the elder manual or anywhere else that says we can't show love to those in need?? So stupid!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Feel the love!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    The wife and I were talking and found out that this situation existed for about 1-2 months ... THEN, the elders met with the pioneers (not the couple) and told them to leave the house or they would no longer be pioneers. No reason given but Hebrews 13:17 read about obeying the elders.

If Elders give no reason, the pioneers don't need to get out of the house. If the Elders decide to remove them as pioneers, they will have to give a reason and inform the pioneer why they have decided to delete. The Pioneer can go all the way to the branch office for this.

I think the rumors could be true. Such a thing has happened in our local cong too.

• fulano
    fulano

Probably is a matter of reputation. Unmarried singles from the opposit sex living under one roof.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Are you sure it's not the living situation...two single unrelated people living under the same roof.

Of course we all know it's ridiculous, but that could be the reason

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Is Jehovah that petty?

JWs are obsessed with sex. Two people living in the same home with a married couple wont necessarily have sex. What lack of trust they show in those two pioneers.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Drearyweather The elders might cite "brazen conduct" as their all-encompassing reason (eg: reg. pioneers didn't heed elders' counsel).

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Does this surprise me? No. Does it re-affirm that they are in a high control cult? Yes.

• sir82
    sir82

is there anything in the elder manual or anywhere else that says we can't show love to those in need??

Good gracious, that's pretty much the sum of the entire JW belief system - avoid showing love to those in need.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What pale emperor said....sadly, that's so true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit